Chapter Three

Excuse the mistakes.

Seating across from one another, Katrina cleared her throat before speaking. She hand never taken her eyes off of Nathaniel nor did he. It wasn't an intimate look for either party. Folding her hands in her lap, Katrina watched him take a sip of the small cart of orange juice as she spoke.

"So, first I want you to know that your daughter is a joy to have in my classroom, she is the brightest and most adorable little girl I have ever met." Katrina started. "As you make know, I have been working with her privately after school on her studies."

"Yeah, Tamia told me about tutoring but what's the problem?" Putting his drink down, Nathaniel asked.

Katrina sighed.

"Well, She's been missing several days of school throughout the school year and it's just begun.Here at Annabelle Pointe students are only allowed to miss up to two weeks for the entire school year given they have proof of the absence...Tamia has missed four weeks." She said. Nathaniel ran his tattoos hands down his face.

"Is there anything I can do? I mean her mom and me didn't talk much so, I had no clue this shit was going on." Feeling himself becoming stressed, he balled up his fist.

School had always been something Nathaniel enjoyed as a child up until it came time for college. He had traded in his school books for bricks and with the way that fast money came in there was no going back. But, to hear someone tell him that his daughter is potentially failing because of Monica's busy ass upset him.

"I understand. Thankfully, I have worked something out with Principal Edwards. He said that if she completes all of the incomplete make-up work before next week Friday then those days will be forgive. Also, I've took the liberty of informing Tamia's mother about all of this though I have yet to receive a response. So, thank you for coming out here, Mr. Casey."

"Its no problem, thank you for helping my baby girl with her studies and all. I know that must be stressful having to worry about others people's kids year round. They don't pay teachers enough." Katrina smiled lightly.

"Honestly, I would do it for anyone else's child because education is important to me not the money." With that, Katrina rose from her seat. "Thank you for taking the time to speak with me this morning, Mr. Casey. It was a pleasure." She shook his hand firmly.

"Thank you for everything. I appreciate all that you are doing for Tamia and before I go what time should I be here to pick her up after school since she has tutoring and all." He asked following her to the double doors.

"School ends at three and the session doesn't end until five. I would recommend you getting here no later than four-thirty." She informed.

"Aight, coo. I'll be here at four-thirty then. Thank you, again Ms.Lee." He placed his hand over his heart as she nodded.

"My pleasure, Mr. Casey. Have a great day." Katrina waved.

"Same to you, Ms. Lee." With those words both adults parted ways, one on the journey to teach young child and the other to gain a source of employment amongst other things.

🔵🔵🔵

Entering her classroom, Katrina quietly walked up to her friend, Candice Cadet as she handed a few animal crackers to one of the students who'd finished their drawing.

"Thanks for watching my class, boo. Did anyone give you any problems?" Katrina asked watching her students doing their group assignment.

"No, they would never get out of order especially when I have scented stickers and animal crackers." Candice smiled showing the large container of both items. "I need to go and setup this classroom before my students come over."