Chapter Five

Sorry for the sad chapter but, I had to shed some light on what Katrina has been through. Also, that ordeal doesn't define her as a person. Side note: If you know anyone who is in a situation of that nature, find ways to help them out of it.

Enjoy.

Nathaniel sat on the edge of Tamia's twin bed and helped her get dressed for school. They had already had an early head start with being woken up by Monica and her company. She'd came in at three in the morning messing with things in the kitchen, forcing Nathaniel to go sleep on Tamia's bedroom floor. He didn't bother uttering a word. It was better that way.

"Daddy you're tickling me." Tamia giggled as his beard rubbed against her arm.

"I apologize. I'm just trying to tie these shoes so, we can get the school on time." He said adjusting her shoe string.

"You can't forget my breakfast either, Daddy. Ms. Lee says breakfast is a the most important meal of the day. Did you know that, Daddy?" She played with her father's ID badge for school while he looked her over then fixed one of her bows.

"Ms. Lee is right it is and I didn't forget the waffles little lady. I made them while you were in the tub. Now, come on we need to go." Nathan picked grabbed her book bag placing it over his shoulder and then her hand in the other.

As they headed for the door, Nathaniel saw Monica in the kitchen helping herself to some she waffles she found in the microwave. She placed the plate down as Tamia greeted her.

"MOMMY!" She shouted running up to her mother.

"What the fuck I tell you about running in my house, huh? Don't fucking play with me, act like you got some sense." Yanking Tamia by the arm.

Tamia began to cry. "Stop all that damn cry before I give you something to cry about!" She snapped.

"Who the fu-" Nathaniel looked at her sideways entering the kitchen quickly.

"I just wanted a hug." Tamia sniffled.

Nathaniel pulled Tamia away from her and whispered for her to have a seat in the living room. He stepped up to Monica closer with a mug on his face. "Let me tell your ass something really quick, I may have been gone for minute and that probably stressed the shit out of you but don't take that shit out on my baby. Two, keep your hands off shit that don't belong to you." Nathaniel looked over at the waffles in her plate.

Monica clenched her jaws but didn't dare to utter a word. She knew better. "And, the next time I hear you talking to my baby reckless, we gon' have a serious problem, understand?" She folded her ass looking like she wanted to run and cry.

"Yeah, I heard you." She looked away from him.

"Tamia come give your mother a hug so we can go." Opening the microwave, Nathaniel removed the tupperware and placed it into a plastic bag.

"I don't want to."

"Tamia." She hopped herself off of the couch and slowly walked over to her mother.

Nathaniel understood why his baby girl refused to hug her mother but he wasn't going to allow any form of disrespect to come from Tamia nor Monica. They were going to hug it out and be merry until everyone was to go about their day.

"Be good in school." Monica said gave a weak hug and let Tamia go.

I need to get the fuck outta here before I cuss her ass out from treating my baby like shit. Nathaniel thought walking to the door.

"Bye, Mommy." Tamia walked over to her father and grabbed his hand.

Nathaniel looked at Monica with a blank expression then headed out of the door with Tamia in front of him.