Chapter Eight

Two weeks later

It had been two weeks with no word from Monica. She didn't even bothering showing up at the house to check up on her daughter. Her time was spent with Anthony the alleged father of Tamia.

"Mo' you sure you don't want me to come inside? I don't mind

"Mo' you sure you don't want me to come inside? I don't mind." Monica placed on her gloss and closed the sun visor.

"Uh-Uh, I don't need you drawing attention to me, I just need to speak to this teacher about Tamia's grades and shit. I shouldn't be no more than twenty minutes that bitch can talk." She got out of the car, pulled out a Newport from her clutch and closed the door.

Lord knows I don't need that nigga in this damn school with me. I already have a hard enough time worrying about keeping this relationship on hush. No need to have word getting around that I'm fucking with a nigga Nate and Dave were once cool with. She thought lighting the cigarette.

High heels clicked loudly against the concrete, cigarette smoke waved through the air with every swing of Monica's arm the closer she got to her destination. Shielding her eyes with expensive shades and designer clothes draping her body, she walked up to the elementary school steps then stopped as two children ran up the steps giggling.

She huffed at the sight of them wanting to curse them out for stopping her stride into the school. The door opened with Candice smiling at the two children. Once she's landed eyes on Monica that bright smile dimmed down a bit.

"Myles and Andrew, hurry to class before the bell rings, Mr. Blair has breakfast for the both of you, okay?" Candice said sweetly.

"Yes, Ms. Candice." The brother said in unison.

She allowed them in being sure to guard the door. "Ms. Benjamin, I am sure you know this is a drug-free school and that is against school rules." Candice pointed at the Newport.

Monica took a long pull from it and stared straight into Candice's eye while doing so, then stepped closer to Candice releasing the smoke into her face.

"You done giving me a lecture about rules cause I have shit to take care of." Monica smirked discarding the bud out onto the sidewalk.

Candice tightened her hold on the door wanting to hit Monica with it for the stunt she pulled. "Yeah, watch your step we don't need you falling and hurting yourself."

Although, that would bring me joy to see this wicked bitch tumble, I 'd prefer if she'd just stay away from Tamia. That little girl doesn't need this shit. Candice thought.

Katrina handed out organic cookies and juice boxes while each student read aloud on the reading rug. Her kids were reading advance material for a couple of five year olds. She worked with them individually on becoming all around great readers.

"St-Stanley's st-stinky s-socks made his mo-mother's eyes water wh-when sh-she lifted them into the air." The students all giggled some said "ew" as a student by the name of Victor read.