Chapter Six

Excuse the mistakes.

School had ended late for Nathaniel due to his exam, he had remembered to call Ms. Lee to check on Tamia but forgotten to get her number. His looked at the several missed calls from an unknown number while opening the car door.

"Ms. Lee, it's my Daddy." Nathaniel smiled hearing Katrina's voice from afar. "Daddy, Ms. Lee is in the kitchen making some pasta. It smells really good."

"Oh, yeah. Well, maybe she will let you take some home because daddy needs to go home to do some homework." He started the car connecting the bluetooth device.

"Okay." She dragged sadly.

I would have let her stay the night but Ms. Lee needs a break. Those kids probably wore her out with all the extra sugar they had earlier. He thought.

Shuffling was heard in the background until sizzling picked up in the line. "Hello?"

"It's Tamia's dad." He reminded her just in case.

"Oh, Hi Mr. Casey. I forgot to give you my address it's 4231 Hill crest drive." She informed as Tamia attempted to steal a bread roll.

"That's in the same area as the church house near the barbershop, right?" Turning down the street, he asked.

"Yes that's the place though, I should warn you to be careful coming pulling into the driveway, the garage door tends to malfunction."

"Coo, I should be there in less than twenty minutes." They ended the call mutually.

Katrina lowered the stove top temperature, covering it with a lid. She went by the sink to wash her hands as Tamia used a pair of tungs to get the bread basket.

"Tamia, you don't have to seek the bread, baby. Here, let me give you one." Katrina said drying her hands.

"Well, I don't get to eat anything when mommy is cooking because she said I need to wait. I don't get a snack or anything." That comment didn't sit well with Katrina yet she wasn't going to show it.

"Don't worry about that, okay? You can eat as many rolls as you want just save some room pasta." The front door opened with Candice and Cory carrying in grocery bags.

"Hi, Ms. Candice and Mr. Cory." Candice smiled at Tamia with arms wrapped around the basket.

Cory and Candice above

"Hello, Tamia." She hugged her and mouthed to Katrina "Again?"all while raising a brow.

"Babe, I'll take these in the kitchen for you, Tamia you wanna help me?" Cory said giving Tamia a fist pound.

"Yeah! We can rap the names of the fruit and vegetables, too." He nodded following behind her.

Stepping into the living room while Tamia and Cory put away the food, Candice paced. She folded her arms.

"Before you freak out her father is on the way here, he's totally different from Tamia's mom. He's really involved in her life. I mean you see him." Katrina said as a matter of fact.