Chapter Eleven

Several weeks later, It was Christmas Eve and there was still a lot of shopping that needed to be done on Katrina's end. She had her list of grocery items that weren't at either Candice's or Nate's place. There weren't going to be many people over Nate's however Candice's home would be empty this year. Cory decided to surprise Candice with a getaway trip to Hawaii for Christmas. He even invited Katrina to go along but, she declined seeing as Nate struggled getting the help to gain custody of Tamia. Nate needed Katrina.

Katrina still hadn't known the details of Nate's life and was trying to help him. She wanted Tamia to be placed in a safe place where no harm could be done to her. That place was with her father.

Currently, she was pushing her cart down the breakfast aisle for baking items and of course, pancake batter. As she reached for a the box of pancake mix, she'd touched hands with someone else.

"I apologize-I-" She stopped and looked at the person quickly.

"Nah, it's my fault. My wife is rushing me knowing about a thousand muhfuckas in this bitch. She sent me on a mission for like three things and I can't find shit." Dave said in pure irritation.

"Dave, right? I'm Katrina, Nate's girlfriend." She introduced herself to possibly lighten his mood.

"Oh, yeah. You the cool shorty that's been keeping his lanky ass motivated besides Tamia." He laughed giving her a side hug.

"That's me. Do you mind if I help you with your wife's list? I know this must be stressful for you."

"Tuh, if that'll help me not get shot then please that would be great." They laughed.

"Okay, this isn't the box of mix she wants. It's this one, a healthier option and just a friendly reminder when you are shopping for your significant other aka your wife get everything she says on the list." Dave nodded. He watched as she continued picking up the items both for her and his list.

By the end of the short grocery shopping and hilarious conversation, Dave made sure Katrina had groceries in her car and seat belt buckled. She waved at him as he placed his phone to his hear.

"Nate is surrounded my good people. Thank you God." Katrina spoke aloud while pulling out of the parking space.

🔶🔶🔶

"Daddy how many ponytails are you going to give me? I only need a gigantic one on the top of my head with pretty bows."

Nate had Tamia seated on the island table in the kitchen doing her hair. He hadn't even completed the look yet and his daughter was tired of being still. His phone chimed with a text from Dave. He was going to get back with him later.

"Do you want to look like a Princess or not?" He asked parting off some hair to do another braided pigtail.

"I do but Ms. Lee doesn't take this long. She gives me three ponytails and baby hairs with extra bows, Daddy."

"Be still. I'm almost done. And, just because Ms. Lee does hair fast doesn't mean it's gonna be better than mine. Remember that." Nate joked.

"I'm telling on you, daddy. Ms. Lee is gonna put you in time out and you will only get two snacks instead of three." He chuckled at the dramatic moment Tamia had put behind snacks.