Chapter Seven

Friday...Date Night!!!

Nathaniel swept the barbershop floors Friday night, as a group of men sat around gossiping about the usual conversation about women and cosmetic procedures. It amused Nathaniel that majority of the men wanted a plastic bag for the rest of their lives.

"A woman goes through stages after pregnancy where her body changes and I am not for any of that shit. That's why I don't fuck with older women. They may be seasoned in the bedroom but, that ass be droopy as fuck.

"This nigga damn near a hunnit and talking about he don't fuck with "seasoned" women. Man, get the fuck outta here. You know damn well if a fine ass older woman came in the shop right now and looked all of twenty with good credit, you would hop on that." Dave said brushing hair off of his last client. "Her ass ain't gotta be real either." He added.

"Dave, we all know that you have had your share of fake asses so, what do you think since you are an expert?" The older gentlemen asked.

"Aight, look. I'm off the market so, I can't speak on the history of my hoe days BUT, I'll say this...It's no greater feeling than being able to hold a woman with a real ass." Dave laughed.

"What about girls with fake asses?" The old gentleman asked.

"What about them?" Dave turn to him fully waiting to be paid.

"Have you had good experiences while on the road? I mean you were out here cutting hair for celebs before wifey came along."

"Yeah, I smashed a few. Back then I really didn't have much respect for women like that so, I would smash just to say I hit and leave. I saw it as just pussy nothing else." He said truthfully. "My mans Nate will tell you, I was wild even before this barber shit."

"Yeah, he was a whole hoe out here, cuh." They men laughed. Nate shook his head continuing to sweep.

"Heard Ju, nigga." He laughed. "But on the real make sure you all cherish the woman you have whether her body is real or fake. They want to feel appreciated and deserve to be treated like Queens. Aight, my boy that'll be forty for the beard and cut." Dave removed the black cape cloth.

"Thanks man, this shit fresh. My lady gon' love this." His client folded a crisp hundred into Dave's palm. "Goodnight, everybody."

"I appreciate it man, night." Dave placed the bill into his pocket. "Yo, as much as I would love for y'all to stay and talk shit, I need to close up." He said earning a room full of sad sighs and comments. "Yeah, yeah. I know but, my kids wanted to do movie night and wifey will kick my ass if I'm late."

Once the shop was clean, Nate locked up the shop for Dave with his spare key and headed toward his car. All day he had been thinking of his date with Katrina. There was no doubt in his mind that she was the positive influence that both he and his daughter needed in their lives.

"Show time." Nathaniel sighed nervously not even having enough time to go home and shower.

⬛⬛⬛⬛

Katrina played with her fingers as she spoke to Dr. Simone Silver. She had a few tissues in her lap that were covered in mascara and eyeliner from the tears she'd cried.

"It's good to see that you are able to speak about the past and not run away. That means you are healing. How are you whenever a trigger strikes?" Dr.Silver pushed her glasses up the bridge of her nose, sitting with her long legs crossed.

"The rain still gets me...anytime I hear lightening and thunder every method you've taught me about thinking of "happiness" goes out the window. I find a hiding spot and relive those events like it was yesterday." Katrina looked at her with glossy eyes. "I want to stop being scared but I don't know how. It's not like I have anyone in my life to protect me." She added.