Chapter Four

Several days later

Everything in Nathaniel's life was getting better and better. He had his baby girl focused on her studies and attending school on a regular basis. Even, added her in Candice's after school painting class before tutoring. As for himself, school was a breeze though he'd only started a few days ago. Things were going great but, there was still no sign of Monica. She had been MIA for a couple of days which made Nathaniel question her whereabouts when he wasn't around for four WHOLE years. The thought of something happening to Tamia while Monica was bust gallivanting the streets angered him. He needed answers.

He was currently reading up on a few things school related, cuts, cuts and more cuts. The material was very informative yet boring but, he was going to tolerate it for the sake of bettering himself as well as Tamia's life.

"Daddy when are you going to be done reading? I want more waffles, please." Tamia pouted with a full glass of orange juice in front of her.

Due to Monica's absence, Nathaniel restocked the fringe with food and beverages. It ticked him off to know that Tamia could have been alone and hungry all night. Setting aside his anger, he'd used the money earned in the barbershop to get him and Tamia the necessities.

He used his pen as a bookmark and closed the book. "I have a few more chapters to read, baby. Daddy has a lot more to do but, I can take a break to eat waffles with you." She beamed.

"Yes! And, I can get more waffles." Tamia added.

"Of, course. You can have anything that you want and I will give it to you but those grades have to be together, got it?" Removing the saran wrap from off of the plate of waffles, Nathaniel set aside two waffles from the stack using a clean fork.

"Yes, Daddy." She answered as the plate was put on the table.

"You want me to pour your syrup or you wanna try?" He asked pulling up a chair next to her.

"I don't wanna make a mess mommy will be mad at me like last time." Her tone lowered at the reminder of the trouble she'd got in.

"She not gon' do nothing to you, you hear me? If she ever hurts you tell me, okay?" Quietly Tamia nodded.

He then poured a little syrup on the waffles and kissed Tamia's forehead.

Let me find out this bitch been doing shit to my daughter and that'll give me a reason to go back to jail. That's on everything I love. Nathaniel watched Tamia for a while before biting into his waffle.

🔵🔵🔵🔵

Candice had gone over to her boyfriend Corey's house for the night leaving Katrina alone. She sat in the dark inside the bathtub shaking in fear of the sounds of thunder and rain. It reminded her of a past event she constantly kept haunting her on nights like this one.

She blinked seeing his face in her mind.

This was night of her sister's engagement party and all were supposed to be dress in white. The soon to be groom had planned it out as a fake celebration for Katrina's graduation a few days ago. She stood in front of the full body mirror examining her white attire as the front door closed.

"Hey, baby. You need to get ready for the party if you want to still go." She puckered her lips for a kiss as he walked towards her.

"I'm not going and neither are you with that fucking dress on, who told you that shit was coo? Take that shit off." He was sure to keep his distance for some strange reason.

She rolled her eye continuing to get ready all while Andre' went into the restroom to get undressed.

"Boy you are not my father nor my brother to be telling me what I can and cannot wear. I am going to that party with or without you." Adjusting the straps of her dress, Andre' walked up behind her with a smirk on his face.