When It Rains «2:5»

As Merlin screamed again, clutching what remained of his bloody right eye and sinking to his knees, Arthur and Morgause turned to see who had opened the doors.

They were shocked to see a young girl silhouetted against the heavy rain and stormy clouds.

She was quite tall, with long legs and strong arms, and wore a floor length dress with a corset. Her eyes were as stormy grey as the sky behind her and her brown hair reached her waist.

In her hand: a letter.

Morgause yelled in anger and flew at her, grabbing her by the throat and shouting,
"Who are you? What are you doing here?!"
The girl spluttered and gasped, her hands raking Morgause's fingers.
"You had better give me one good reason why I shouldn't snap your scrawny neck right here and now," the witch spat in her face.

"A-a letter--" the girl gagged. "I- I'm a messenger-"

"Oh," Morgause said, dropping her and seizing the letter from her hand.

The guard holding Arthur rushed to close the door and Arthur took his chance to reach Merlin. He took his servant's hand and rubbed his back, letting Merlin shake and sob into him. The poker lay abandoned a few feet away, and Merlin's right eye was a terrible state.
Arthur tried is best to comfort Merlin for the short time it took for Morgause to read the letter and walk back to them. The poor boy was heaving and choking with agony, still clutching his eye. Blood dripped from between his fingers.
Arthur tried not to cry too. He had to stay strong for Merlin.