When It Rains «3:5»

Finally, the young prince found his voice;

"What are you doing to him?! Release him," even as he spoke he knew Morgause would laugh. She did.

"Um, that would be a bit counter productive," she pointed out.

Then, without warning, Merlin's left eye flew open. It stared around wildly.

It found Arthur, and narrowed.
Then it found Morgause, and Merlin smiled, but it wasn't his own. Neither was his eye. They were Morgause's.

She had done something to him... Possessed him, or placed a spell inside him.

"What have you done?' Arthur hissed through corrupted lungs. His brain was a fog; it was the same as when Merlin's arms had been pulled off in the first place: he couldn't process the situation.

"Ooh, he's mine now, Arthur," Morgause laughed teasingly. "He's got a soul catcher. It'll eat away at everything that makes him him and become everything I want him to be. It started feeding as soon as he was put in the sustainment box." She grinned, and so did Merlin, or what was left of him. It was horrible.

Arthur suddenly lunged at them, but a wave of magic flung him back. He tried again, a roar of rage and anguish tearing from him lips, but again he was blocked.

"You cannot defeat us," Morgause and Merlin said in unison, their lips black and their eyes bright. "We are power. We are your death."