5: Memory Reborn

It's a curse to wake up from being cursed.

I had no memory, but I had vague memories. It was confusing and made me want to sit down on the dirty floor of this convenience store to think about what I suddenly knew and what was still blank. But that wasn't exactly an option I had.

He was different, that much was obvious. It had been a while since she had seen him, from the brief times she had of course, but the man who stood in front of her was, in fact, a man, even if she knew differently. He had stabilized and managed to perfect the form he had wanted, a solid masculine body that stood confidently and filled in the finely styles white clothing he wore. No longer were white scales unevenly spaced on every piece of exposed flesh, instead of smooth and pale skin, an exotic face that only defined even more with the slightly slanted eyes outlined in oddly fascinating dark gray lashes that matched the thick brows on this face. Thick white hair that could have been transparent if not for the sheer amount was purposely combed back and out his face, the dim yellow lighting in the store contrasting vividly with the being before her.

She might not have recognized the exquisite face before her had it not been for those golden eyes which hadn't revealed a hint of emotion, his plump lips, the only color on his otherwise pale face beside his eyes that brought a reluctant allure to them with their blooming shade of pale rose. Those very lips were pressed together as if trying to hold something back, two fuzzy images of a vicious mouth opening to bite her while another of those same lips murmuring something into her ear was the only answer she received in return for the thought. He had most definitely excelled in the art of perfecting his form. But that didn't matter because she knew the truth behind the beauty.

He was a monster. But a much too familiar monster.

Her mind was a mess of time and sensories, names and foggy thoughts clashing with the life she was living in that present. She knew of her name, of where she was truly born, but it was out of reach like the clouds in the sky. There, but not. But one thing was firm in her mind. The only thing her emotions and body agreed upon. A fear that she had only felt before in her nightmares resurfaced the longer she looked at him. She didn't know why but she felt like the creature before her was to blame somehow, she wasn't entirely sure if she had gone mad and that the images in her mind telling her that she had once fought him, hunted him even and more were manifestations of her own desperation to know more about herself. Perhaps she had truly lost it, but even if she had, she did not trust the creature before her. She took a step back and tensed when his eyes narrowed.

"Wait, we don't have time for this again." He hissed softly, reaching out to her slowly. Eyes widening at the voice that came out of him she took another hasty step back until her back hit something cold and hard, not thinking she reached behind her until her hands took hold of something smooth but deflated where her hands had come into contact. She held it out in front of her as if it were a shield of some sort.

He stilled with his hand half outstretched, golden eyes glanced down, his right brow twitching as if he were surprised. He looked back up at her, the corner of his mouth slightly lifting. She knew she shouldn't have looked down but she did so anyway and then cursed.

Lay's Barbeque flavored. Family Sized!

Well, she wasn't going to put it back now, holding it up higher in front of her she pointed it at him as if she were wielding a weapon.

"Get the hell away from me you-you creeper!" She warned, not completely sure why she didn't trust him. He unnerved her, her stomach felt as if it were being forcefully emptied the longer she stayed around him. It was just him and her in the back of the store, the cashier conveniently absent as low radio music played and the dark of the night displayed through the windows. Beide her the refrigerator hummed softly, at the end of the line the last one flickering as old lights began to die out.