18:The Mark of Time

How odd are the hours that pass, when you know they might be your last. Not in life, but on the soil in which you stand. Looking back at the time that made up the experiences that built you can sometimes be melancholic, but when all you see is pain, where do you stand to say goodbye? To whom do you wail your injustice to when all those who caused your pain are either gone or have no recollection of why there could be such rage and sadness to your face?

There isn't always a goodbye when there is a departure, but there is for some, a sense of relief. Sometime that which had become familiar can be imprisoning. 

There weren't many people out and about, it must have been the chilly weather and rumbling sky. The wind lifted up the end of my cream colored scarf, I tucked it into my jacket. The park bench we were sat at was a slightly remote, enough so that only those who walked further in could find. Anyone else would have continued on even if they had spotted us three. There was nothing odd about a group of people sitting and drinking coffee on a cold afternoon at the park. There wasn't supposed to be anything odd about it.

"We look mega suspicious. These crap coffee cups aren't fooling anyone." Viper huffed petulant, shaking her cup without care as the steaming liquid spilled from out of the cup and over the tips of her fingers. She did not seem to even feel the heat.

"Maybe if you sat on the bench as a regular human would-" Venom hissed out, head up turned, annoyance radiating from every pore.

"Most humans don't use the word human when trying to blend in with other humans." She pointed out, sitting up from the laid position she had taken on the back of the bench. As if she had been idly laying on a bed with vast amount of space, instead of balancing her body on the thin iron that made the back of the bench. 

How have they managed for so long? They were just so terribly, not human. I placed my own cup on my right knee, feeling the warmth seep through. A group of young adults were playing what looked like tag or something of the sorts. White belts with red tags hanging from their sides, dodging and weaving out reached arms every time someone tried to remove it from the belts they wore. Their joyous cries, the late time bird songs and chirps, the rustling of the trees made me close my eyes and just take it all in.

Was it because we were so close? Had regaining my will returned my sense of life? It almost felt as if I could take a moment to enjoy some semblance of life.

"I've heard of a few do so." Venom retorted. He sounded defensive. Viper tsked, I sighed opening my eyes as she slid down beside Venom and placed her long legs on his lap. He placed his hands on her ankles, placing his own cup on her thigh where it remained perfectly balanced. Terribly unhuman.

"Those are the weird ones." She pointed a finger at him. "Don't mimic anything from those."

"Oh," He stilled for a moment before slowly nodding, for a moment his shoulders dropped. "Now that you mention it, the context of their conversations always did confuse me a bit."

For whatever reason, his small confession made me want to smile, my checks already lifting as my eyes crinkled. I shook my head at the absurdity of them both.

"The man we are to meet-pardon me, werewolf, is not the god?" I questioned, at once he straightened up, turning to look at me. 

He wore a white jacket similar to the one I wore, in white with a white beanie on his head. I had forgotten to ask what his new affiliation with white was. It did not look bad on him, but if it was to blend in better, than he was failing miserably. Already, the few women who had jogged by us had slowed when they had caught sight of his long out stretched legs. The sunglasses simply made him more mysterious. Viper was no better. In this cold weather, she wore a leather vest with a bare shoulder long sleeve wispy red top, velvet burnt orange pants graced her long legs with latex ankle boots with a triangle end. She had grinned when she had caught me eyeing her shoes more than once. They might have been extremely...pretty, in my opinion.