Day At Pidges

8th of May - 7am 

Dear Diary,
I've been so excited about tomorrow that I couldn't sleep. and i regret it so much.

0001 : 01 : 00 : 43

I decide to make some breakfast instead of going back to sleep. I slip my phone into my pocket before going downstairs. I don't see my mums shoes next to the door. Mama's still out. I hope she had a good Mothers day. I get out everything to make pancakes and mix the ingredients in a bowl.
"What are you doing?" A voice behind me scares me and i squeal.
"Oh jesus- Lily!"
"What're you doing up so early." My older sister walks over to the counter beside me.
"I couldn't get back to sleep and i was hungry...Sorry did i wake you?"
"No, i have to get to work but you could be quieter. Mateo is going to a party at 9 can you drive him there?" She pulls all her hair into a high ponytail.
"Will he need a lift home?" I say pouring some mix into the pan.
"No, Dave is gonna pick him up." She walks behind the counter, looking for her shoes. Dave is Mateo's dad.
"Alright." I gently shake the pan and Lily walks to stand next to me and puts a note on the bench which i assume is the address.
"Tomorrow huh?" Her voice sounds smooth and it startles me.
"Huh?" I look at my wrist realising she must have seen it. "Oh yeah." I chuckle nervously.
"Im excited for you hermanito*. I still have a couple years til i meet mine."
"Im excited too... but can we not talk about it?" I say flipping the pancake.
"Of course. You got any plans today? Wanna throw a party or something while everyone's out?"
"Could I?!" I almost knock over the pan
"That was a test and you failed. Come back next year."
"You're mean, you know that?" I put the pancake on the plate and turn to face Lily.
"Yup. But Im mean because i love you, hermanito."
"I know, I know. I love you too." I sigh and she kisses my cheek.
"Welp i better get going." She stuffs my pancake in her mouth and rushes out the door.
"Hey that was my first- ugh!"
"Tío*..." Mateo's tiny voice from behind me startles me
"Mateo! Sorry buddy, tía* Lily stole my pancake."
"Can i have a pancake?" His tired voice turns excited.
"Of course, sobrino!*" i turn back around and begin making my nephew's pancake. I pull out my phone while im waiting for it to cook.

lonelybi is now online
lonelybi: okay who changed my name.
pidgeon: um
hunkules: i have no idea what you're talking about.
lonelybi: im not lonely!
lonelybi changed his name to sharpshooter
sharpshooter: thats better.
pidgeon: the other one was more accurate.
sharpshooter: i'll have you know young genderless person,
sharpshooter: that i am meeting my soulmate.
sharpshooter: to
sharpshooter: mor
sharpshooter: row.
hunkules: what?
pidgeon: no way

I put my phone down to flip the pancake and then take a photo of my arm, a wide grin on my face.
"What're you doing tío?" i hear Maeto say from in the dinning room.
"Proving a point."

sharpshooter sent a photo

pidgeon: NO WAY
hunkules: HOW COULD YOU NOT TELL US SOONER?
sharpshooter: because its you guys
sharpshooter: tomorrow i bet you'll be asking me if someone is my sm every time we see someone we don't know.
pidgeon: yeah you do do that hunk
hunkules: ha you said do do
hunkules: but that will not happen, i assure you.
sharpshooter: if you say so.
sharpshooter: wait brb gotta give Mateo his breakfast

Once again i set my phone down. I get out another plate and plop the pancake onto it. "Maple or butter?" i say getting my knife ready to get butter.
"Both!" I hear him bouncing in his chair and he knocks something over. "Oof! Nothing happened!"
"Okay." I chuckle and spread the butter onto the pancake before pouring maple syrup.
"Lots!"
"Nuh-uh! Theres not much left and i want some."
"Aw." He pouts until i set his plate onto the table."Thank you Lance! Beft uncle ever!" He says, his mouth full of pancake.
"Now I'm the best?!" I say, offended, while i walk back to the kitchen and he giggles. I pick my phone up again and read the messages Pidge and Hunk spammed me with.