Coming Together

24th of May, 11:16am

Dear Diary,
Ever since Keith and i kissed i cant get him out of my head. Its like im in a rom com but im actually feeling what their feeling... i hate it. Hes been here for less than a month and hes messed me up 10x as much as The Notebook did. Is he my real soulmate or do i just want to think that because he kissed me?

A week. Its been a week. Lotor has called me non-stop but i dont want to see him; he'll bug me about why havent talked to him and I'll end up spilling about the kiss. I didnt know 1 hour out of my 17 years of living could hurt so much. Im snapped out of my thoughts when Hunk calls me.

"Dude." Hunk says excitedly, as soon as i hit answer. I almost dont hear him.

"What's the scoop?" I ask. I hear him fumble with some papers. He sounds like hes rushing to tell me. "This couldnt wait till we meet up at the cafe?"

"No. Well maybe. I dont know. But its important. You remember The Project, ive been working on it for the past 3 years??" I hum in response. He's been trying to decipher some letters or stories we found. Hes fluent in a couple donzen languages so he was sure the letters were alien. He's been trying to invent a way to send a response, all while keeping it lowkey. "Ive finally translated it. Roughly. 'I am a resesrcher of your planet. Though i am fascinated with your species, the rest of mine does not care for you," he slowly stops reading, realising what hes deciphered.

"Keep going!"

"Ah sugar- 'there is a weapon on your Earth that they want and they will stop at nothing to obtain. No one will conquer them. They are unbeatable. Please surrender; i believe they will have mercy if you do resist. Brave humans of planet Earth, i believe in you. Yours sincerely, Ulaz."

"Theres no way thats real; you're messing with me." I give a small chuckle but i know it isnt a prank. Hunk is horrible at lying.

"Im not! Im coming over. Call pidge and the others." He quickly hangs up. For a moment i dont move. Hunk never speaks of The Project so he hasnt updated us on his progress so it seems so dramatic. One minute im worrying about boys and the next its aliens! I stand before texting our group chat for the gang to come over.

byebyebi is now chatting with school gang🤙
byebyebi: guys hunk
byebyebi: hunk deciphered The Project
Pidgeon: no way
Pidgeon: omw keiths coming
keit: whats The Project??
keit: pidge i swear to the seaweed gods i will slaughter you for changing my username.
takashit: Pidge Colleen Holt.
Pidgeon: HAHA OK IM LEAVING NOW BYE
Pidgeon is now offline.
keit has changed their name to Samurai.
takashit has changed their name to takashi.
Samurai: guess I'm going with pidge see y'all soon
byebyebi has changed their name to backstrtboi01.
backstrtboi01: YALL
backstrtboi01: wait no go in pm I need to talk to you.
takashi: see you all momentarily.
takashi is now offline.

Samurai is now chatting to backstrtboi01.
Samurai: you wanted to tell me something?
backstrtboi01: Uhhh can u call me?
Samurai: sure if you want the 14yo to hear everything.
backstrtboi01: ok no. Give me a sex
Samurai: I'm assuming autocorrect. If not, sorry no sex right now.
backstrtboi01: ignoring that.
backstrtboi01: I would like to talk about youknowwhat. That happened last week...
Samurai: are you sure this is the best time to talk about it?
backstrtboi01: no but we need to talk about it sometime? right?
Samurai: I suppose. Well, do you want to start or do i have to?
backstrtboi01: so we kissed... Yes. But I feel like we got off on the wrong foot. I want to get to know you.

As I hit send I feel my heart pound in my chest. This so humiliating. I'm normally the one stealing hearts. And now my heart is stolen! This so cheesey im developing lactose intolerance.

Samurai: Okay... well I'm an orphan, my dad was a firefighter, I was adopted by Shiro when i was 11, I was born in Texas but raised in Korea, and I like knives.
backstrtboi01: wow okay im assuming talking about the orphan thing is a no-no so I'm gonna go with
backstrtboi01: what do you like about knives?

A/N IN SO SORRY THIS THIS IS SO SHORT AND THAT IT TOOK SO LONG TO GET THIS DONE BUT ITS DONEISH I'VE HAD SO MUCH WRITERS BLOCK AND NO MOTIVATION BUT IM WRITING NOW
I'm also rewriting it and publishing to AO3 because I look back on this and I want to delete it :') enjoy for now i will come with more later