10.Stay Expiration: Confirmed

"Of myriads of mistake, she shall survive"

▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~

Faster. Faster.

She pedalled faster, her cycle almost flying overhead. It was chasing her, rapidly nearing her like a cheetah. Her surroundings turned to nothing but a distance blur. The wind ripped through her body making her hardly built façade falter and her eyes moistened.

She had no place to go, nowhere to turn, no one for aid. In the end, it was just her...and the Grim Reaper. Or atleast that's what she had conjured up in her mind.

The bicycle was her only solace now, the one thing that could alleviate and shoo away the darkness chasing her. It took her far away from where burdens lived, not that she wasn't already a good thousand miles away from home.

She pedalled far away into the outskirts of New York City, an hour passed since she had left Brooklyn. Trees and greens took prominence over street lamps and posts, doors and windows of houses sealed shut in value for privacy.

An elderly woman, clothed in a red and white checkered night gown, which in point of Belle's view was utterly abnormal taken into consideration the time of the hour, looked at her with apprehension. She feared where Belle would end in with that speed of the bicycle, presumably under a truck. But that was what she already wanted anyway.

She noticed, belatedly, the majority of people which happened to be was of two things; one elderly and two probably half a dozen people were wearing nightgowns. Dusk hadn't completely devoured the sun yet. The sneaky thing that hidden behind the dreary clouds.

She came to a halt abruptly in the middle of nowhere, her breathing abnormally erratic. By now, she had gotten used to the abnormalities in her life albeit not accepted it...yet. Her vision multiplied, giving her innumerable distorted images of her surroundings.

Her hand grasped the handle of a wooden bench tightly, letting the balance on it as she tried to control her racing heart. The aching pain on her chest was eccentrically changing, descending and ascending with each passing moment. When she'd thought the pain reduced, the next moment it rose with an even soaring pain.

Both her hands clutched the bench as she crashed onto it trying her best to even her beats and shivers.

She was unaware of how long it had passed before small unhandy fingers wrapped around a bottle of water came into her vision. She followed the fingers to the hands which ended up on a small, not less than 12 year old boy. He looked at her with innocent blue eyes that had a tinge of curiosity.

He reminded her of Ian, her wild younger brother she'd rather dump inside a garbage bin than think of.

He gestured at the bottle, a silent request to drink what he presumptively thought could quench and save her from the pain. She followed his command, gulping everything left from the bottle.

The water streaming down her parched throat instantly cooled the drought that plagued her thoracic cavity. She felt as if a pair of golden wings spread over her lungs bringing a cold sensation which almost immediately made the pain raise it's skirt and run away.

"Thank you" she choked holding the boy's small hands over hers gratefully. A single tear rolled down her cheek and the small smile on the boy's face immediately vanished, leaving a perplexed look instead.

She wiped it and smiled, "Don't worry. It's a tear of gratitude"

He nodded. Sighing, she ruffled his black hair. It felt like a velvet cushion under her tear stained palm and reminding her of the raven haired boy she had forgotten the name of due to the circumstances.