05. Saying Badbye

"A heart that always understands also gets tired"

▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~

"Toothpaste?" Ivor enquired, not bothered to push back her glasses that had fallen to the bridge of her button nose.

"Check," Belle groaned for the 105th time. Yes, she had been counting.

"Tooth brush?"

"Check."

"Shades?"

"Don't give me a stroke and say you didn't take that!" Ian chimed in speaking in a high-pitched nasally voice.

Belle rolled her eyes ignoring the imp's taunt, "Check and I don't sound like that."

"Iary?" Ivor asked looking up at Belle expectantly.

A pair of shimmering green-blue doe eyes stared at her. Iary is a custom-made teddy bear, that the twins had made for Belle as a parting gift for her 'extended holiday', as they called it. The poor girl couldn't digest the fact of being separated from her barbie doll sister for four years.

"For freaks sake, I'm not a kid!" Belle groused letting out an exhausted breath.

She immediately regretted her previous statement when a snippet of her wavy brown curls fell to the floor. "Fine. Fine. I'll take it. Please don't touch my hair again, Ian."

She placed Iary carefully on the empty side of the suitcase, it virtually consumed quarter of the space left.

Since the morning Belle had revealed her acceptance to Harvard University to the twins apprehensive of their reaction, especially of Ivor's who literally walked on her sister's footsteps, she had regretted telling them a little too early.

After a series of cries, glares from Ian and the two ignoring Belle for a day, they had finally worn down giving into Belle's continous stream of apologies and I love yous. Not to forget the last attempt of Belle agreeing to let them use her room as a playroom, rather reluctantly.

After the usual cloud of excitement and cheeriness had receded onto the twins, Ivor, the ever apt organiser had decided to create 'Belle's Vacation Essentials', a list as long as the bean tree in Jack and the bean stalk, of Belle's needs and wants during her time in New York. She had initially declined the offer but after Ian threatened to cut her hair when she slept, out of fear she agreed.

"Red lace bra?" Ivor read squinting at the list, unsure of what she had written. Belle looked between her two siblings sitting innocently on her bed, like two cherries on a gateaux, trying to find the culprit and her intuition knew which of the two wrote it yet she wasn't quite sure. The stifled giggle coming from Ian justified her doubt.

"Ian, you lewd urchin!" Belle chided. She was more embarassed than furious. Her puritan qualities had given her the "Prude of the year" title even at her school.

"What's a lewd? Is it a kind of chocolate?" Ivor asked her face morphing in confusion and disarray. Now Ian was having a giggle fit, virtually falling from the bed.

Belle groaned, covering her face in her hands.

"Reflecting upon your prudish behaviour, Ivor and I decided to give you a helping hand," Ian spoke looking at his twin for concurrence to which Ivor nodded. It helped Belle alot, despite her already degraded dignity.

"It's not like you wouldn't have a little fun at night. Though it'd be your first time, right?" Ian giggled. Coming from two thirteen year olds, it was great to know the publicity of her conserved virginity.