11. The Tale of Two Girls' Shattered Dreams

"No one is you and that is your power"

▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~

"Ask me me to tame a lion and I'd hand you it's teeth, but him? I don't have a clue in this world of what metal he's made of."

Belle came to consciousness carrying alongside a wondrous headache with her. Straining to open her eyes, she regretted the decision almost immediately. The blaring LED lights were directly under her, as though waiting patiently for her to wake up and then say BAM! Im going to blind you for life.

The obnoxious feminine voice personified had knocked on the glass door of her mind, dragging her back to reality. Now she was awake, though she had no idea for how long she had been out of the world.

"NO! I'm done talking him into it, Garner. Let him have his way, there's no hope I have anymore of him or his dope life."

Boyfriend problem? Possibly.

The lady kept on talking but Belle couldn't hear any responses. Is she talking to herself? Crap, am I in an asylum?

She woke up with a start, looking around the place for any indication of an asylum. She was proven wrong though. It appeared a decent room with minimum furnishing. A room. A hospital room.

Belle inwardly groaned when the past events came crashing upon her labyrinth of a brain. Why was it that she always forgot things so soon? Holy Heavens would probably be flabbergasted by Belle's amazing memory.

She looked around the room, absorbing every detail from the crevice stretching over the windowsill to the pallid pink bleached thin polyester sheets that covered the lower half of her body. She didn't know about the crevice, but by the looks of the bed sheets she was 101 percent sure it was a hospital. Not that she was delighted about being admitted to a hospital but least her guess was right.

Amidst all the observations, she had totally forgotten about the woman. Not realizing that Belle had woken up, the woman occupied herself in damaging the ear drums of the poor person on the other side of the line. Presumably he must be regretting the decision of answering her life-threatening call. The woman was talking to someone on the call.

Belle relaxed, her body drooping an inch with the thought of not being admitted to an asylum.

The woman was turning away from her, facing the window that overlooked the north of the city. Displaying a full view of her back, she gave generous amount of time for Belle to inspect her.

She was tall and had a lean figure, her jet black hair pulled into a neat ponytail fell lusciously onto her shoulder. She wore a wine red party gown that reached upto her midthigh, definitely not suitable for a hospital.

The gown couldn't be any less perfect on her, not only did it complement her jet black hair or her tanned skin but her perfect curves that the dress clinged onto.

Questions violent than sandstorms in LA shook her brain, which was already under repair from all the innumerable damage she caused.

Who was she? Why was she here? What did she want? So many 'w's left her dumbfounded.

She was still barking at he receiver on the other end of the line, unknowing that her conversation had another unfortunate devoit listener. It wasn't that Belle intended to overhear the conversation, that she certainly wasn't a part of, but she had no options.

Her efforts of trying to block out the conversation was as effective as the construction of leaning tower of Pisa.

Aliens invaded Earth and with mutual coexistence human-alien hybrids were born by the time the woman disconnected the call. She appeared furious, if not beautiful and elegant. Without a warning, she turned around and instantly Belle lay on the bed and shut her eyes closed faster than Fast and Furious 8.