12. Step ONE: Borderline Success

"I walk slowly, but I never walk backward."

▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~

*Crack*

"Oh my banana shenanigans! God bless me with a hundred doorways to Eden!" Belle cried.

Pain shot through the right of Belle's hip in shocks and sparks like fireworks, definitely not the good kind.

The crack she heard coming from the side of her hip when she tried to move was proof she had definitely broken a bone or two. Or worse her fallopian tube could have broken and now supposedly leaking out through her large intestines as faeces. That would definitely be a sight.

Belle clutched the side of her hip with an agonising screech that sounded close to the bleating of a goat.

Assisting the brain for execution of her so-called plan was one thing but putting into action was another thing. She had learnt that a long time ago but experienced it first-hand on this prosperous day.

She gazed at the bottle of water resting on the tray a few inches away from her. It glistened sparkles making her throat yearn for it. It was also the supposed indirect cause for her pain.

Tired of the plan she had been plotting mentally, her parched throat literally gasped for water. Miraculously though she had found a bottle on the tray. The second she inclined her body to the left, her hand reaching to the bottle, her right hip made a crack sound and so did bad things fall on her.

In the end, she ended up with an upgrade to her already broken hip and a throat that closely resembled Sahara Desert.

"The day seems to get even better. Wonder what else you have in store for me, dorky devil."

Taking deep breaths she tried moving again. The hip seemed cool with the movement but unfortunately though the spine didn't seem to like it.

Poor Belle was blessed with an electric shock of pain wrapping around her spine ruthlessly extending from her head to her pelvis. She spasmed in anguish and pain, both her mind and body unable to bear the internal torment anymore.

Streams of tears dampened her cheeks and her eyelids involuntarily fluttered close as she fell into oblivion.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

•Light Curtis•

"Attempts to move has inflicted damage to one of the fractured bones on her right hip doctor," said Light pushing back his glasses that had fallen to the bridge of his nose. "The stitches should do the job."

"It appears obvious to me, Light," Jamie spoke gazing at the sleeping Belle apprehensively. "I asked you to note it down."

Light nodded scrambling through the contents of his backpack for his notebook.