20. You are not leaving me

"Words will scratch more hearts than swords"

▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~

"Let me get this straight," Matt said with increasing annoyance. "You can't leave me? Why are you pasted to me or something?"

"I want you to listen, please," she said. Her heart was beating rapidly, irregularly.

"What else am I doing?"

She looked at him with pleading eyes, unknowing of his reply to her life threatening question.

"Can I stay here?"

Matt looked at her hard before bursting out with laughter. Now Belle was annoyed, here she was begging him for a chance and he found it funny.

"It's not funny," she fumed. She felt her face burning, she wasn't sure if it was anger or fear or both.

He stopped laughing and sobered up almost immediately, she doubted if he actually found it funny or was just being sarcastic.

"You're right, it's not funny. So get the hella out of here."

She exhaled out of frustration, not knowing what to say. "Please, just give me a few days before I find myself a safe place to stay," she said.

"No," he was stern and it made her blood boil. "You can't stay here."

What an asshole?

"Why?"

Despite his face being solemn almost calm, his eyes were glaring at her, "what the fuck bothers you? This is my house and I decide who stays or not."

She cringed, it was long time since she heard the holy four letter word.

"Look, I am homeless," she started.

"And so are beggars," he barked. "Doesn't mean I keep them all here."

Her eyes started to water, but she quickly turned away before it could transform into a fountain.

"I didn't mean it, okay," he said. "It just came out."

She decided to ignore it, considering she was in need of a favour. A favour. She got the perfect idea of all time.

"I could cook for you," she blurted. "In return for your favour."

He looked at her with skepticism in his eyes, "you want to be a maid? My maid?"

She nodded, contemplating his question. Leaving aside her conscience shouting that she knows nothing about a kitchen.

"I guess you wouldn't have found the beggar much of an offense then," he smirked.

She hardly concealed the need to roll her eyes, instead smiled with her most darling look she could make.

"Don't try that," he said, still smirking. "You look like a zombie."

She huffed, "you owe me for all these insults you're throwing at me."

"I think I'm already compensating," he shrugged. "Conversing with you is enough of a punishment."

She scoffed, "can or can't? "

His smirk left him and in returned the solemn Matt, "can't."

"I don't get your problem, and I won't ask, but please I have no way to live the night without getting harmed."

"One, it's morning. Two, don't worry, no ones gonna abduct you."

The need to shut him up was increasing with every second but she was in no power to attack him. So as an alternative, she looked at him with puppy eyes, "please"