Chapter 7:The Dragons And The Ice Maker Can Handle The Cold

After Lucy and I finished getting ready, the two of us along with Natsu and Happy left to the guild. Lucy was still upset with Nastu, so I'm in between the both of them as Happy flies above us. It was silent for a while before Lucy broke it, and I kind of wish she just stayed quiet."Yuki....... what happened to your exceed?" She asked, and I jerked to a stop before continuing to walk."......... Never ask me that question." I told her with a deep voice, my anger and sorrow slowly coming out."Why? What happened to them? Are they on vacation? You didn't abandon them, did you?!" Natsu rambled, and Lucy smacked him and yelled at him as I started to shake. We had stopped walking, and because of my mood dropping the temperature is dropping as well."Just ignore Natsu, Yuki-" Lucy gasped as she touched the skin on my arm, and she quickly pulled away with wide eyes."Lucy, what's wrong?" Natsu asked worried."Y-Yuki......... Why is your skin so cold?" Lucy asked quietly as she looked at me with worry and a bit of fear."I was born that way. My birth parents believed I was possessed by an ice demon, but my dragon believed that I was meant to be an ice mage." I told her, and I grunted in surprise when I felt Natsu hug my side."Natsu, what-" "You aren't cold. Lucy, are you sure you're not imagining it?" Natsu said, and I elbowed him in the gut after Lucy smacked him so he can let me go."Wait, I can feel the cold, but Natsu can't, and you said that you were born cold. How is this possible?" Lucy asked me, and I shrugged."Everyone can feel my coldness. The only people who could handle it were my dragon and........ my exceed. There could be some people who could handle it, like the other dragon slayers, but I'm not entirely sure." I told her."Come on! Let's go and see!" Natsu exclaimed before making me run with him. If anyone were to see us, they'd see Natsu running like a madman while I'm flailing in the air behind him.

We quickly arrived at the guild, and Natsu stopped to open the door which caused me to slam face down onto the ground. A dark aura quickly came over me as he yelled for the dragon slayers to come to us. I stood up and loomed over him in a scary way."Natsu......." I growled, and he slowly turned while cowering."Natsu!*pant* Wait for us *pant* next time!" Lucy said exasperated as she and Happy arrived."Lushy, your just slow. Do you even work out?" Happy asked as he poked her leg."Stop that!" Lucy shouted as she smacked his paw."Natsu-san, what's wrong?" Wendy asked as her, Gajeel and a blonde guy with a lightning bolt scar came over."Guys, Lucy said Yuki's skin is cold, but when I hugged her she felt fine. We think it's a dragon slayer thing, so touch her and see if she feels cold!" Natsu said as he pointed at me while I crossed my arms."Baka, you're a fire dragon slayer. Of course she wouldn't feel cold to you." Gajeel told him."I'm assuming you're Yuki. I'm Laxus Dreyar, second generation lightning dragon slayer." Laxus introduced and going for a hand shake."Yuki Darksnow, first generation ice dragon slayer." I told him as I shook his hand. He smirked and looked amused as he turned to the arguing iron head and flame brain."Hey, she doesn't feel cold to me." He told them, and they stopped to look at our hands. Laxus let go as Gajeel came up and placed a hand on my face, and I grew an irk mark."Oi, is this necessary?" I muttered, but it was muffled by the large hand on my face."Hmph....... Yeah, she's not cold." He huffed as he crossed his arms, and I rubbed my face to get the feeling of his hand off of it."Yuki-chan, can I try?" Wendy asked. I stopped and looked down at her, and my soft side immediately took over."Sure." I said, and she squealed when I suddenly picked her up and held her with my left arm. She wrapped her arms around my neck to hold on, and we were silent for a few seconds."She's not cold." Wendy said as she looked at Lucy in confusion."I swear I'm not going crazy!" Lucy exclaimed as she slightly flailed her raised arms.

"Hey, guys! What's going on?" Mira asked as she came over."Mira, touch her skin and tell us if Yuki's cold or not!" Natsu said. She looked at him then shrugged, and turned to me with a smile as she raised a hand."If you don't mind." She said, and I shook my head while offering my right hand to her. She slightly brushed her fingers onto my palm before quickly pulling away with a shiver."Oooooh, you are cold, Yuki!" She said before cupping her hands and breathing warm air onto them."Yuki's cold?" Gray asked as he came over in only his boxers."Gray, your clothes." We all said, Mira smiling, the dragon slayers neutral,Lucy sweat dropping and I blushed a little."Shit, when did that happen?!" He panicked while blushing and running around before coming back fully dressed."So, what were you saying?" He asked."Lucy and Mira think Yuki feels cold, but the rest of us think she's fine. Do you want to try, Gray-san?" Wendy asked as I put her down, and before he answered Natsu came in front of me."I'm not gonna let stripper hug her!" He said with crossed arms, then he turned to me."Hey Yuki, how about you, me and the rest of the dragon slayers be like siblings?" He asked, and the boys looked at me expectantly. I looked at each one of them before looking at Wendy, and she seemed happy if we became siblings. I sighed and placed my hands on my hips."Yeah, sure." I answered with a shrug, and Natsu, Happy and Wendy cheered while Gajeel and Laxus grinned. Suddenly, my new brothers made a wall/line in front of me- Natsu in front with Gajeel on his right and Laxus on his left, all three of them glaring at a sweat dropping Gray while towering over him."If you even think about hurting our sister-" Natsu said while punching his palm, "We'll make sure the rest of your life is full of pain and misery-" Gajeel continued while clenching his fists,"Got it?" Laxus finished while his arms were crossed."O-oi, he's only checking my temperature, not asking me out." I said in the ominous background.

They didn't answer, but instead glared at Gray more

They didn't answer, but instead glared at Gray more. I became more irritated and decided to call for help."Mira, Levy, Lucy? Can you get the boys for me?" I asked, and they immediately appeared and dragged them away. I then felt someone hug me, and I turned to see Gray...... without his shirt. I started blushing, and I noticed he was flustered as well while his eyes were shadowed. I quietly squeaked as I placed my hands on his chest and my forehead under his chin. I felt comfortable and........ complete, my anger and sorrow and other dark emotions fading, and I felt like I was with Fubuki when she was taking care of me. Suddenly, Gray let go and stepped back, and I looked at him in confusion and sadness while keeping my hands near my chest."I can feel your cold, but....... I like it." He said quietly before walking away. I felt my heart shudder as I lowered my head, and I couldn't remove the feeling of wanting to be with him. I soon felt someone staring at me, and I turned to see a girl with blue hair glaring at me from behind a column, a dark aura surrounding her as I heard her muttering something like love rival.