Chapter 9:S-Class Trials, Grimoire Heart, Acnologia, Oh My

Today was the day of the trials. Laxus wasn't able to participate as one of the challenges so there was only Erza, Gildarts and Mira. We were given our assigned paths before starting the trial. Lucky me, I got one of the two quiet paths. Pantherlily and I quickly search for our next destination, Master Mavis' grave. Gramps said that whoever finds the grave will fight him in order to become S-Class mages. Since he's at the destination, I took a deep breath and caught his scent. Pantherlily and I raced to the grave, and were immediately met with Gramps."Hello Yuki, Pantherlily. Congratulations on finding this place." He said with a smile."It wasn't that hard. First we get the easiest path, then I just followed your scent." I told him, but he just smiled more before turning serious."That may be true, but this is the most challenging part of the exam. You're next task is to defeat me, once completed you will have the title of S-Class. Are you prepared?" He said, and I smirked."Of course. Pantherlily, you can sit out if you want." I replied, and Pantherlily nodded as Gramps grew in size."Then let us begin!" He yelled before throwing a punch at me. I cart wheeled to the right before putting my fists together, cold mist surrounding them."Ice dragon: roar!" I yelled, cupping my left fist with my hand before blowing air through it, causing a blizzard to be sent at Gramps. Since he was in his large form, he wasn't able to move fast enough and his right hand froze. He just shook it off, and throws a fire ball at me. I barely manage to dodge it, my clothes getting a bit singed in the process. I smirked at Gramps in amusement, causing him to hesitate."I have a surprise for you, Gramps. Requip: Flame Empress Armor!" I chanted, and I glowed before switching attire.(imagine it as Yuki not Erza)

He looked completely shocked as I held up the sword, surging my magic through it to light it on fire as my smirk grew wider

He looked completely shocked as I held up the sword, surging my magic through it to light it on fire as my smirk grew wider."H-how is this possible?! You're an ice dragon slayer!" Gramps exclaimed."Erza let me borrow this. Also, she doesn't have Fire magic either so she taught me how to use the sword." I told him before dashing at him swiftly, landing blows so fast all Gramps could do was sway from the momentum I was giving him (imagine sao boss battles). I stopped in front of him, and Gramps collapsed before going back to his original size. I walked up to him as I requiped back into my original attire, and knelt beside him with my hands above him."Ice dragon: aurora." I chanted, and Gramps' body became covered by a beautiful aurora."It's healing him." Pantherlily observed as he came over, and soon Gramps was completely healthy again. The two of us stood, and he thanked me as we walked a little bit away from the grave."Congratulations, Yuki Darksnow. You have completed the S-Class trials, and I hereby title you an S-Class mage of Fairy Tail!" He said happily, and before Pantherlily and I could cheer Gramps became serious and looked off in the distance."Someone's coming." He muttered before he had the three of us go back to the camp site.

(Idk what happens during the fight with Grimoire heart, so I'm gonna skip to the part when Acnologia appears) ~time skip~

In the distance, a loud roar of a dragon was heard. Gildarts began panicking, and telling us to run."Everyone, get out of here! IT'S ACNOLOGIA!!!" He yelled (idk what happens here either, I'm winging it cause there's a small part I wanna add). Everyone started running, but got down when the dragon blew the trees down. Gramps then tries to hold the dragon back, telling everyone to run. However, everyone prepared to take down Acnologia together, and we all held hands."Yuki Darksnow........" A voice echoed, and everything froze as if time has stopped."What-?" I became startled when a boy came and picked me up bridal style."H-hey! What do you think you're doing?!" I yelled as I squirmed. Suddenly a dark blast wave came from him, but it was absorbed by my snowflake necklace."That necklace...... who gave it to you?" The boy asked."My dragon, Fubuki. It was a gift from her the day she left." I mumbled, no longer fighting him as I touched it."You're a dragon slayer? What relations do you have with Natsu?" He asked."He my friend, and we treat each other like siblings. Anyway, who are you and what do you think you're doing?!" I demanded."My name is Zeref Dragneel. I'm Nastu's brother, and since you're like his sister........ I will take you away from here before Acnologia destroys the island." He said."What?!" I shouted as he started running.

I started fighting him again, but flinched when the dark blast came out again and killed the plants we were passing by. I stared in shock at what just happened, and I didn't notice we were already on an aircraft leaving Tenrou Island, the time continuing as I watched it be destroyed by Acnologia."No! Gramps, Natsu, Lucy! Gray! NOO!!!!" I screamed at the edge of the ship as the island along with the dragon disappears. I broke down and started crying, falling to my knees as I gripped the railing."No..... Guys........*sniff* Gray, I love you, I love all of you, please don't go." I sobbed, and I felt a hand on my shoulder."I know you cared about them. I don't know if they'll return somehow or not, but until then I will grant you immortality. It will end the day the island and your friends return." I heard Zeref say, and even though I felt energy surge through me I felt half dead. The left over members of Grimoire Heart dropped me off near the guild, and I just walked off without saying a word. When I returned to the guild, everyone asked me where the others were, and I told them what happened. Everyone became depressed, and I told them I'd be going on a lot more jobs. My intention for this is to just be away from the guild. I can't stand being there after what happened. Even though I've only been here for a few months, these people are my family, and I just watched some of them be ripped away from me. Until they return, I will be traveling either on jobs or doing personal tasks. It's mostly going to be jobs, visiting Nōkon's grave, and I might even go see the Oración Seis and Jellal. Maybe even those dragon slayers from Sabertooth.
I started walking up the stairs to get an S-ranked job when Macao stopped me."Yuki, only S-Class mages can go up there." He warned."I am an S-Class mage. Gramps passed me before the fights." I told him before I continued up the stairs. I walked up to the board and looked at the papers, quickly finding one that required an ice mage. It would take half a month to get there, and with the task being to defend a village and eliminate the threat it might take me the rest of the month, maybe longer. I shrugged and took the page before leaving the guild, and I decided to requip into some traveling clothes that I stored for myself.

 I shrugged and took the page before leaving the guild, and I decided to requip into some traveling clothes that I stored for myself