Chapter 11: Ex Girlfriend

Kevin's POV

I checked my phone to see the time, it's four in the evening that means we'll reach there by late night. It'll take about seven to eight hours to reach our destination.

I glanced at Ash who is busy looking out of the window with a smile on her lips and it made me smile too atleast she's happy now. 

Although I didn't actually had time for this honeymoon thing but when I saw that Ash was quite excited to go so obviously I had to agree to go on this honeymoon though it would not be a real one.

Anyways, I still can't believe that I'm actually married, it's still a lot to take in. This was a really big step and I had to take it for my friend's happiness and for my baby okay scratch that...our baby.

Arranged marriage was not really my thing or should I say the whole marriage thing was not really my cup of tea but I don't regret marrying her because it's better to be with a person whom you know and understand properly, then marring a total stranger.

I sighed.

I opened my eyes when I felt weight on my shoulder, did I fell asleep I didn't even realized it. I looked at the source of weight and chuckled when I saw Ash now sleeping with her head resting on my shoulder and few of her hair strands falling down on her cheeks making her look cute but also disturbing her sleep so I gently placed her hair behind her ear careful enough not to wake her up but still she stirred a little and then slowly opened her eyes looking all irritated.

"Why the hell did you disturb my peaceful sleep" she said while rubbing her eyes and then glaring at me, oh so the old Ashley is back now...I grinned at the thought and decided to piss her off a little more.

"Oh hello miss you were the one who disturbed my sleep by resting your head on my shoulder which is as heavy as an elephant's" I replied mockingly "Or maybe you just find me so irresistible" I added with a smug.

"D-Did you just called me an elephant how dare you" she replied angrily almost in tears.

What's wrong with her there's no need to cry on such a small thing. It's not like I haven't called her that before and it was just a joke after all...oh of course how can I forget the pregnancy hormones, too emotional, too sensitive and blah blah blah.

"Okay wait wait I'm sorry it was just a joke" I tried to explain and apologize but she just shook her head and moved her eyes towards the window completely ignoring me for the rest of the journey. Oh god how am I going to deal with these things for the next eight months probably, I huffed out a sigh while thinking so.

Soon our flight landed and we headed towards our beach house which I bought when I came here last time with my friends.

Ash was awestruck by the beach house and the view of the beach from the window, she explored the whole house before coming back to our room.

"Oh my god this place is so beautiful and the view from here is amazing" she squealed happily while standing near the window and gazing out.

"Are you still mad at me" I asked walking towards her.

"Actually no I'm sorry I just overreacted" she replied looking down and I chuckled.

"Now you should rest for sometime then we'll go out on the beach later" I said while walking towards the door gaining a frown from her.

"And may I ask where are you going" she asked strictly making me roll my eyes.

"Just going to the bar, I need a drink...call me if you need anything" I replied before walking out.

As I was sitting at the bar having my drink my head was filled with all the thoughts about how my life changed just in a few days and how it was going to change more in the upcoming days with the responsibility of a baby, of my baby.

I sighed, I don't even know if I'm going to be a good father or not and the point is not just about being a good daddy but also about being a good husband because I don't want Ash to miss out any dream or happiness she desired with her life partner which is me now. No matter in what circumstances we got married I still want to make her happy, not as a lover then maybe atleast as her friend.

"Is that you Kevin Diaz" I snapped out of my thoughts upon hearing a female voice which was a little familiar but I can't point out until I turned around only to see Melina standing there giving me a surprised look.

"Oh hey" I said awkwardly not knowing what else to say but instead of replying she threw her arms around me surprising me but not wanting to be rude I returned her a light friendly hug.

"I can't believe it I'm seeing you after so long" she said pulling back "You haven't changed a bit just became a little more handsome though" she added giving me lustful look, oh I know that look of hers.

"Why aren't you saying anything" she asked while taking a seat beside me well to close I must add.

"Well what can I say it's always good to see an old friend" I replied finishing off my drink.

"Oh come on everyone knew that we were more then just friends" she said laughing at what only she and God knows.

Well she's right actually we both dated for almost a year oh no what the fuck am I saying I think I had too much drinks, it was not a year because obviously I can't bear her for a whole year, it was just one month as much as I remember and might I add that it was really difficult to get rid of her because when I gave her the hints that I no longer wish to be with her she just wouldn't notice and when I talked to her directly about break up she just laughed it off thinking that I was joking and at the end she saw me with another girl to be more exact making out with her friend and then she broke off things between us by herself to which I was really thankful.

"What are you doing here anyways" I was again pulled out of my thoughts by the same voice.

"I'm here on my honeymoon" I replied casually.

"Honeymoon...as in with your wife...you are married" she asked with a shocked expression.

"Of course with my wife I won't go on honeymoon with my driver right" I replied laughing a little "And yes I got married just few days ago" I added.

"Oh congratulations, so who's the lucky girl" she asked masking up her previous shocked expression.

"Ash...I mean Ashley" I replied and again shock flashed in her eyes as I added "You know her right".

She just nodded her head in a yes.

"Of course I know her, your best friend a silly childish girl" she murmured and before I could react something to her words she added "I should get going now bye it was nice meeting you again, I'll see you around".

Saying that she left as I just shrugged.

She's a weird girl.

******

Hey guys,

Please vote, comment and share.

Bye until next time.

With lots of love.

Crystal :)