Chapter 26: My forever

Kevin's POV

Today is one of the best days of my life because today for the first time I got to see my baby...our baby...my own blood, I heard her heartbeat, she looked so tiny just like a little blob. I instantly felt like I need to protect her from every harm in the world...like I would do anything for her happiness. Okay fine we don't know the gender yet but I just hope and feel that it's a girl...though I would love my baby the same even if it's a boy.

Initially when I got to know that I'm going to be a dad soon I was scared and worried about the changes that the new little life would be bringing along in my life.

But now it feels like I'm awaiting those changes, it feels like I'm not scared or worried about it anymore.

I feel like I'm ready.

I still remember how I almost choked on my food when Ash said she is pregnant, I chuckled reminiscing that evening...that family dinner when my life went off towards a completely different road then what I planned.

Anyways after dropping Ash home I headed to the airport and soon boarded on my flight with a continuous nagging feeling that I should have stayed.

The next few days went by in a blur as I was super busy with work but still I managed to call Ash to check on her whenever I got time.

In these past few days things have changed a little bit between us and Kelly's birthday night had a big contribution in it. That night again I lost all control over myself and did what my heart told me to...did what felt right. And I would be lying if I say that I'm not happy with the changes that life has brought.

It's just three more days before I'll be heading back to home.

...To my wife.

And I miss her already, I miss her silly talks, her stupid jokes which honestly saying are not funny at all, the way she fights with me and just everything about her. I'm starting to think that she's just perfect life partner for me I mean I know her like since we were in diapers, we understand each other better then anyone else in the world and most of all we are friends first then husband and wife, what else would anyone want. I think friendship along with love is the best mixture and recipe for a happy married life.

And not to forget soon a new little member would be joining us to complete our family.

This sounds so right and just...perfect.

And soon with the thoughts of my new little family I slipped into a deep slumber.

"What's wrong" Ben asked seeing the worried look on my face as we arrived at the airport.

Ben is not only my friend but a lawyer too and to be more specific he is my company's lawyer, he handles every legal matter of my company so that's why he came along with me on this business trip.

And today we are heading back to California but what I'm concerned about is that Ash is not receiving any of my calls since this morning and she's not even replying to my texts. Yesterday I didn't got any chance to call her because I was caught up in work the entire day, first I thought that she must be busy with something but now I'm starting to get worried. The last time I talked to her was the day before yesterday in the morning.

So it's like almost been two days since we talked.

"Back to earth Kevin" Ben's voice broke my chain of thoughts "I asked you something" he added.

"Oh no nothing is wrong, it's just that Ash is not answering my calls" I replied.

"Maybe she's just busy" I added almost to myself as he shook his head murmuring something which I couldn't hear properly.