Chapter 49: A Cold Hearted...

Kevin's POV

"No. I understand handling a wife who got suspicious and also a little jealous after seeing your ex at your door step, can take time" She replied still sitting on the couch with her legs crossed over the tea table like she owned it.

"You heard us" I said almost to myself while nodding a little.

"Heard you? Saw you both? Yes. But then I just couldn't bear seeing your annoying so called wife's face anymore so I came back here to relax on your expensive couch. God this is so comfortable, I can sit on this for my entire life" She replied as I shook my head at her.

"So you might have also figured out that whatever I told you over the phonecall yesterday was nothing but a lie" I said.

"Yes I figured that much but I must say that I really believed every word that you said yesterday but now that I know that all of it was just a lie to bring me here, I'm very hurt..." She paused getting up and walking towards me.

"And angry. You know me very well Kevin...an angry and hurt Melina Cruz is not a very good combination" She added standing right in front of me...too close for my comfort.

"When you called yesterday I thought that finally after all the efforts that I put in to separate you and Ashley, I was successful to get you back but alas now I realized that you are just too stupid to choose that damn wife of yours over me" She said walking in circles around me, her voice filled with rage and hatred.

This is also one of the reasons why I didn't want Ash to be here while I talk with her because I know what kind of person Melina is...she's such a hateful and vengeful person and I didn't want Ash to get hurt anymore, not emotionally and neither physically.

And I'm not sure what I could have possibly done if Melina tried to hurt Ash in anyway...I don't trust myself when it comes to her.

"And you also know that I always get what I want but then there were you, Kevin Diaz who just couldn't understand that he's mine" She said snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Just stop all of this. I'm not interested in hearing your life story, I called you here because I need some honest answers from you. How did you manage to record that video which you gave to Ashley few months back" I said getting tired of hearing her voice already.

"What is that video all about. I know for a fact that it's not fake but yet I don't recall saying any of that crap ever in my life so now would you like to reveal what dirty trick you played in all this" I added. 

"Hm...what video? I don't remember anything" She said pretending to think.

"Here. Does it ring a bell now" I said tossing her the pen drive which I had in my pocket.

"Um let me think about it..." She paused examining it.

"Actually no it doesn't" She continued with a grin.

"And now I would like to leave but remember one thing the last time you insulted me, I made sure that you would suffer and today you insulted me once again...don't know what I'll do now" She added shrugging.

"But I'm giving you another chance...you can still mend your mistakes..." She trailed off running her finger down my cheek as soon she leaned towards me and that was all it took for me to push her away harshly.

"Kevin. How dare you" She snapped.

"You did it again. You messed with me again and now I'll make sure you regret it again...I'll make you suffer even more then what I did the last time" She added and tried to walk away angry but my next words stopped her dead in her tracks.