Chapter 41: Still his wife?

Ashley's POV

I huffed out an irritated sigh as I saw the empty fridge which reminded me that I needed to go for grocery shopping like right now.

God!

All I wanted to do this afternoon was watch some nice movie while having ice-cream but alas now I'll have to go for grocery shopping...which seems worlds most boring work to me.

I sat on the chair in the kitchen like an angry kid who demanded for something but yet didn't get it.

"Ash..." I heard Kevin's voice as he trailed off walking towards me.

"What's wrong? Are you okay" He asked softly as I just shook my head.

I don't know why but I feel like crying. I know it may sound childish but I was craving ice-cream since last night but now there's no ice-cream in the fridge.

"And what do you mean by that" He asked confused by my silence.

"You won't understand" I replied.

"No I will, just tell me" He assured.

"Is it something serious? Is something wrong with you or the baby" He asked already panicking.

"No" I replied shortly.

"Than what's wrong, why do you look so upset" He asked with a sigh.

I know he is not a person with patience but still he's trying his best to deal with my mood swings.

"It's just that..." I paused as he looked at me waiting for me to continue.

"There's no ice-cream in the fridge" I finished as my eyes filled up with tears.

Why am I even being such a crybaby?

I mean who on earth cries over an ice-cream?

I know no one does.

I'm just so stupid.

"That's it" He asked in disbelief as I just nodded my head in a yes.

"So you look like you are about to cry and that's just for an ice-cream" He added as I nodded once again.

I frowned after a moment as I saw him trying to control his laughter but failing at it miserably.

"Yeah, laugh all you want because that's all you can do after all" I snapped at him before wiping my tears with my baggy t-shirt's long sleeves and walking in the living room, taking my handbag along with me ready to go out.

"Look I just...okay fine I'm sorry" He said coming behind me.

"Wait where are you going anyways" He asked as I walked out of the house and soon he followed me like a lost puppy.

"Grocery shopping and also to get some ice-cream" I replied without even glancing at him.

It's been a few days since Kelly left and we are all alone in the house now but it didn't feel like how I thought it would. I thought that everything will be really awkward between us and I won't be comfortable around him but I was wrong because everything seems really normal and also I'm comfortable around him which came as a surprise to me.

After shopping for every necessary thing and that includes my ice-cream too, we headed out and as we were walking down the street in silence I stopped outside a store, it's a store for baby's clothes and all that.

I smiled as I stared at a cute baby blue onesie...touching it through the glass imagining my own baby in it.

"Do you want to go inside and buy something" Kevin asked standing beside me with the grocery bags in his hands.