Chapter 39: Your love is my right

Ashley's POV

"Welcome home, love" He said without even turning to look who it was.

Of course it's Kevin.

Who else could it be.

"What are you doing here" I asked with a pointed look.

"And how did you get in" I added with an eyebrow raised.

"What do you mean by that? Didn't I tell you that I'll be back and I also texted you just few minutes ago" He replied.

"And to answer your second question, I have my ways to get where ever I want" He added further.

"I just knew it was you" I murmured almost to myself.

"But you said that you won't be back until sunday" I added sitting down beside him with enough space between us as I placed my handbag in that empty space.

Wait did you do that to create a line between the two of you, my subconscious asked with her index finger on her chin.

Well I didn't even have that in mind because I'm already too exhausted and also annoyed by his sudden appearance to think about these childish things, I shrugged mentally.

"Well let's just say I was missing you so I left all my work and came back immediately" He replied grinning as his gaze dropped down to my handbag that was innocently sitting between us.

I know he must be thinking exactly the same thing my subconscious did but whatever.

"By the way, where did you just come from" He asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Work" I replied shortly.

"Don't you think you are too far in your pregnancy to be still working" He said without any trace of unpleasantness or anything.

That's strange.

That's not what I expected.

"I know. That's why I took three months leave" I replied. I'm utterly surprised at the civilized conversation we were having suddenly.

"It would have been better if you just resigned considering that you'll be moving back to LA soon" He said as if it was the most casual thing in the world to say.

And here we go again with the 'moving back' thing. All this time while he had been gone I have actually not even once thought about the options he left me with. Maybe I was just purposely avoiding that topic because I knew already what my decision would be...that I won't go back with him.

And I also know that'll result into him moving in here with me and I don't think I can do much to stop him because I know him well, once he decides something he'll get it done anyhow no matter what.

And even if I managed to stop him from moving here with me than I know he'll somehow take me back with him and going back means that of course I'll have to see my family some day although there's no denying to it that I miss them badly but I'm just not ready to meet them yet...their questions will only create further chaos in my life nothing else. So as much as I don't agree with it but it's better if he moves here instead of me going back to LA.

"Now who said that I'm coming back" I said coming back to reality.

"Okay than I have no problem in moving here" He replied with that annoying grin never leaving his face.

"Kevin" I called out a moment later.

"Yes" He replied.

"Is all this really necessary I mean you moving here...you have work too and all..." I spoke pushing my luck that somehow he'll just leave me alone but he shushed me by placing his index finger on my lips as shivers ran down my spine and I totally forgot what I had to say.