Chapter 37: Selfish love

Kevin's POV

"What? Your wife kicked you out" Seher asked laughing lightly as she opened the door on the third bell.

"Yeah kind of" I replied nodding my head before getting inside her house as she invited me in.

"Look I didn't wanted to bother you at this hour of night but I really needed someone to talk with...someone who could give me a good advice so of course I couldn't talk to Ben about it so I came here" I said as we both got settled on her couch.

"That's nonsense you can come here anytime you want after all what are friends for" She replied with a warm smile.

"Would you like something to drink" She asked as I politely declined her offer.

"Okay so first let me warn you that I have zero experience in this love and relationship thing so I won't be able to give you the best advice but still tell me what is it that you wanted to talk about" She said as I just nodded my head before telling her everything that happened back at Ashley's place few minutes ago.

"You did what" She said surprised than broke into giggles.

"Great now you are laughing at me" I said rolling my eyes.

"Kevin you know I always thought you were a smart guy but you are really stupid I mean if you tell a mother that you'll snatch away her baby from her than of course she'll kick you out...what else did you expect" She replied.

"A mother's love is the strongest and purest form of love. And trust me if I was at her place I would have literally kicked you out" She added.

"Yeah I know I screwed up...I realized it the second I walked out. She already didn't wanted to see me and now I made things even more worst" I said almost to myself already regretting whatever I said.

"But you know when she said that she loves him I just lost my mind and said all those things" I added.

"Sure, I want to be in my child's life but I want to be in her life too...I want her back. I know she thinks that I cheated on her and all that but that's just a misunderstanding" I continued.

"And what if what she said is true...what if she really loves someone else and also maybe that's the real reason why she left" Seher said.

"No that's not possible...maybe she was just lying to get rid of me" I replied though I don't know if I was convincing her or myself.

"But what if she wasn't lying" She asked.

And I stayed silent as I had no answer to that...it just never occurred to me that the girl I love...possibly loves someone else.

"Okay leave all this for now and the first thing you'll do tomorrow morning is go to her and apologize for your behaviour and discuss and sort things out without fighting with her. Alright" She said sensing that her question led me into some deep thoughts and fears.

I just nodded my head at her as she showed me her guest room before saying good night and leaving for her own.

But sleep was far away from me that night as I just couldn't stop thinking about what Seher asked.

What if she really loves him?

What will I do than?

Will she be more happy with him than what she was with me?

And most importantly.

Will I ever be able to let her go?

I guess not.

She's mine.

And that's never gonna change.

Maybe I'm being selfish by wanting her even if she thinks she loves someone else but what can I do, I love her so much that the mere thought of her being with someone else burns my heart.