0.1

okay so i have this on my old tumblr but i got the urge to start writing again and figured i put it on wattpad instead so yeah here it goes!!

Beth’s P.O.V.

I heard my alarm buzzing. I groaned a little and slapped it so it would stop. I sat up slowly and stretched my arms out.

First day of school for my senior year. Finally.

I had been stuck in this same old crappy city since I was born. I’d been going to the same school with the same people every year. I hated it. Yeah, Los Angeles is supposed to be ‘The City of Angels,’ but it sucks. It’s crowded and everyone is stuck up and judges you for your looks.

I stood up from my bed and walked over to my closet. I grabbed the pair of dark blue jeans that I had set out for the first day. I took off my Nike running shorts and slipped on the tight skinny jeans. Then I threw off my old T-Shirt and sports bra and replaced them with my black bra and a black camisole. I then put on my All Time Low tank top and shoved my arms through a red and black plaid shirt. I kept it unbuttoned so my shirt was showing. I slipped on my black vans to complete my outfit.

See I wore these type of clothes every day and everyone would look at me and think, “Oh just another low life teenager.” I’m actually the total opposite. I was in the top ten in my class and I had straight A’s. I played basketball and the piano. I was ‘daddy’s little girl’ and did everything my parents told me.

My parents were super chill and wanted me to express myself through my style, but they also wanted me to be smart and use my manners. They were strict, but not at the same time. Like, my old boyfriend was a little on the bad side and my parents hated him causing him to break up with me. After that, I haven’t had a boyfriend.

As I finished putting some mascara on and brushed through my hair, I thought good thoughts. I tried to get myself pumped up for my last year of high school. It eventually started to work and I didn’t dread going to the shit hole called my school as much.

I grabbed my backpack with two notebooks, some pens and pencils, and a pair of headphones then ran down my stairs. I saw my dad reading the paper and sipping some coffee. I ran to the fridge and grabbed a yogurt and water.

"Is that all you’re gonna have for breakfast?" He asked. I looked at him and nodded.

"You know I’m never hungry this early in the morning." He shrugged and nodded. I opened the yogurt and ate it quickly. After I had scarfed it down, I took a swig of my water and ran into the foyer. I grabbed my longboard and walked back into the kitchen. I saw my mom sit down next to my dad. I kissed my parents on the cheek and smiled. "I’ll see you after school!" I shouted as I walked towards the front door.

"Okay honey! Have fun on your first day of your senior year!" I heard my mom yell just as I walked out the front door. I walked down my sidewalk and onto the road. I hopped on my board and rode it the three blocks to my school.

As I arrived, I saw all of my classmates walking into the large school. I sighed and got off my board. As I bent over to grab it, I felt someone bump into me and knock me over.

I landed on my hands and knees. “What the fuck!” I shouted. I brushed myself off and stood up. I turned around to see who bumped into me and saw a very tall boy. He had bleach blonde hair with a black streak in the middle of his head and dark green eyes. He looked pissed.

"Maybe you shouldn’t get in my way." He said in a deep voice. He had a weird accent. It sounded Australian.

I narrowed my eyes at him and pursed my lips. “Listen here, asshole. I don’t know who you think you are, but you’re obviously new here. Here in this city you don’t want to bump into people, especially if they’re not a morning person. So next time, walk around me.” I turned around and started walking away. Who does this kid think he is?

"Huh. I like you." He said. I stopped walking. I turned around and raised my eyebrows at him. I observed him. He had his hands in his pockets and a smirk on his lips. He was wearing black skinny jeans with holes in the knees, black converse, and a Jack Daniel’s shirt. He had a few tattoos on his arm and his ears were pierced. Hmm, must think he’s a bad ass. He walked right in front of me. He was really tall. “You’re very independent. I like it.”

I rolled my eyes and sighed. “I’ll be nice and help you out around here, okay? But don’t think that we’re friends. I don’t need people like you fucking up my reputation.”

He cocked an eyebrow. “What reputation do you have that could be ruined by me?” He asked.

Of course. He’s like everyone else in this city. “Just because I wear clothes like this and have a slight attitude doesn’t mean I don’t care about my grades, blondie.” His eyes widened and he scoffed.

"Sorry, didn’t mean to judge you. Just kinda figured." I nodded and looked away from him. "Blondie? Really?"

I couldn’t help but laugh. I shook my head and looked back at him. “Sorry. Just kinda figured that was your name.” I said, mocking him. He smiled and laughed a little.

"My names, Michael. Michael Clifford." He put his hand out. I shook it and smiled.

"Bethany Taylor. Call me Beth, though. I hate my full name." He nodded. "Do you have your schedule yet?" He nodded again and handed me a folded piece of paper from his back pocket. I grabbed my schedule and compared it with his. I smiled a little. "We have all the same classes! Just stick with me."

"What happened to not being my friend?" He asked with a smirk. I opened my mouth to say something, but closed it. I shouldn’t be friends with him if I want to keep my grades up and get into college, but he seems harmless, right?

I sighed. “Just don’t try and distract me in classes.” I said as I started to walk. He laughed and started following behind me.

"I’ll try, but I’m not making any promises."