Changes...

“There’s this party…”

“WHAT?!”

“Jess, honey, wait…” Robert sat on the bed, looking at her

“Are you bloody kidding me, Robert?!” She snapped

“No, baby c’mon!” Robert said “Let me finish…”

She glanced at him, not an amused face

“Mikel came to talk to me about it today. It’s this Friday. I told him I wouldn’t go. But then he insisted. A lot” Robert took a deep breath “He said for you to go as well. There is no media, only people from the club”

Jessica looked at him, hesitantly “He… invited me?”

“Yes. We don’t even need to go as a couple, if you prefer just… play it safe”

“And… do you want me to go?” She asked

His eyes widened “Are you ok, baby? Since when I do anything without you? Of course I would love you to go with me.” Robert smiled, approaching her body

She slapped his chest

“Hey!”

“You are still an idiot!”

“I’m wounded” Robert pushed both to lay back on the bed, comfortably

“Oh, please”

“So, will you come with me?”

“I don’t even have a dress…” She whispered

“What?!” Robert said “Have you seriously looked at the amount of…” Jessica interrupted him

“But I bet that party will be full of chic and stylish woman, with elegant, amazing dresses and… well, mine are just… simple dresses”

“That make you look perfect, baby” Robert kissed her forehead “But don’t worry, let’s go shopping tomorrow, get you the dresses you want”

“Oh… let’s no…”

“My first salary is coming baby, I’m sure a few dresses won’t harm anyone, right?” he smiled at her

She pulled him into a kiss, a smile on her face “I love you, idiot”

“Your idiot” he mumbled into her lips

Truth was, that party was a lot better than the first one. For Robert and, in a way, for Jessica as well. Both had fun, both felt comfortable and were nicely received by the team’s players and their pairs. It was a good time. It was the first and last party Jessica went, though.

The times that followed were not be so pleasant.

Before the premier league started, things started to go a little wrong for Robert. He felt sad for not being convened to the team in the games, even. Robert felt as if he was put aside.

Jessica stood there the entire time for him. Supporting him, encouraging him to train harder and he would be rewarded.

That was when everything started. He started training hard, as she never saw before. He would wake up at the same time as her, go to training and only come back late in the night. He would do the team’s training and his own for the whole day.

And the couple barely spend time together.

The good thing out of all this was, Robert was indeed, rewarded for his effort. He had his spot on the team. Not the main holders, yet, but he had his place on the team.