New life

David was lazily eating his late breakfast when he heard the doorbell ringing. Taking one last bite, he finally stood up and went to the door, watching a pretty shattered Robert leaning against the door frame.

“Rob? What…”

“Can I stay here, just for a couple of days?” He asked in a whisper

“Uh, sure man. But…”

“Please don’t make me talk now, ok?”

David stood silent. He wanted to help his friend, but respected his wish.

“Have you eaten?”

“Not hungry” he entered

“Oh, c’mon you’re going to make me company on my meals” David said, showing him is spare bedroom.

“Thanks for letting me stay” Robert dropped his suitcase.

“Are you sure you don’t want to talk about it?”

“Positive”

“Do you need me to do something?”

“No. I just want to be alone right now”

David took a deep sigh, before leaving him in the room.

The next few days were like that, he was starting to miss his training. For as much as he wanted to drag him out of his room, he couldn’t. Even to eat it was a nightmare.

He was seriously worried about his friend.

Things were not different with Jessica. She tried every day to go back to her normal routine. But her normal routine included Robert.

Robert was in her life.

Robert was her life.

How could she go back to live without him?

She didn’t know.

*a few days later*

David was getting desperate, his friend was going to get sick if he continued like that. So, very early in the morning, he entered his room, while he was sleeping, and silently took his phone from him.

He searched through his contacts, who could he call?

He didn’t think Jessica was a good option.

Dad, he saw on the list.

Well, maybe it is a good option. Robert always mentioned his parents after all.

“Hello? Robert? At last, son. What the hell have you been doing?”

David gulped as he heard the worried tone on his father’s voice

“Uh, Mr. Lockhart? This is David, David Luiz. Robert’s teammate”

“Oh, hi David. Please don’t tell me bad news”

David took a deep breath “I am just worried about Robert, sir. I don’t know what to do. Call you seemed a good option to me. Of course Robert has no idea I’m doing this”

“What happened?”

“I’m not sure, Sir. Robert won’t talk about it. But I think he and Jessica broke up”

“W-what did you say?”

“Uhhh, sir. Robert has been at my house for a few days. I was wondering if you… I don’t know… could do something? He won’t leave the bedroom, seriously”