Don't give up on me

“Have you ever been on drugs, Robert?”

“He was nervous to answer that question. He did not want his reply to harm him and his position on the team. But if he lied, he would only make things harder, right?

“Uhhh, why?” Robert glanced at him

Mourinho smiled, Robert knew he got his answer.

“It just crossed my mind. Mikel and David asked about you yesterday. They were worried and told me what happened.”

Robert glanced at him “Yeah… you have my answer, I was a druggie”

Mourinho looked at him, a serious face “You seem to be more upset about it than I am”

Robert’s eyes widened “That won’t harm my spot in the team?”

Mourinho stood up “No. I mean, you just need to be careful, there are health risks for you”

“The team doctors said everything was fine”

“Did they know about that little issue?”

Robert looked away “No…”

“You should go tell them, just to make sure you keep healthy, man.”

“I am healthy, sir. I am clean for more than a year. I am fine”

Mourinho glanced at him “You do not need to tell me about it. If you ever do, I’ll be a good listener. But I’m only taking care of you, you should tell the doctors”

“I’m fine.” Robert stubbornly said.

“I can see there is a lot on your mind. Are you ok?”

Robert took a deep breath, not replying

“Do you feel ok to play, today?”

“I’m fine, coach” Robert replied

“Ok, then. I hope I know when something is going on, if it influences your progress on the team, of course.”

“You will, coach”

“Ok, get ready then, we’ll leave soon”

Robert started to gather his things when he had another visitors. David and Mikel.

He took a deep breath, they probably wondered what had happened, or maybe already figured it out. Maybe I should just tell them, they’ve been good friends so, why not?

*Later, in London*

Robert parents' company was actually great to keep Jessica’s mood up. She decided not to tell them, even though she knew they were very insightful and had already figured everything out. Robert’s message had startled her, she noticed he had probably realized everything. She was glad they did not pressure her, though.

It made her feel bad for ignoring him, but she still felt hurt. She did not know what was wrong with her, her feelings were so mixed up. She wanted so badly for him to return and hold her tight, and at the same time, she didn’t.

She watched the game with his parents. It was a very calm and boring game that ended up drawn. She watched Robert closely as he did not show the excitement he had previously, making her wonder if he was really worried about them.

She went to lay down soon after, not having much to do. The previous nights had been awful, and she felt tired, but she could not sleep at the same time. His parents also went to sleep, soon after her.

It was hours later, when she was still awake in her bed, that she heard some noise downstairs.

Robert walked inside the house quietly, everyone was probably sleeping. He dropped his things on the living room and went straight to his bedroom, hoping Jess would be awake. He entered the room, seeing her on the bed, apparently sleeping. He got rid of his clothes and joined her.