The President

The next morning was first day of work, for Jessica Carter. Robert couldn’t be happier to see her so excited about it. He took her to the hospital and, still forbidden to play, he decided to do something he wanted to a long time ago.

“Matthews?” He talked through the phone as he drove “Any news?”

“Well, the tabloids won’t stop talking about you and Nicole’s separation”

“I don’t care about that.” He honestly said

“Also, the guy I've been in contact with, at the hospital, was able to get me those blood test results again. They were supposedly erased.”

“Good.” Robert took a deep breath “Then I have something to throw at his face”

“Are you going there now?!”

“Yes.” Robert said

“You are not going alone, are you?”

“Why?”

“Robert, don’t go alone in there. The man has proven himself to be dangerous”

“Matthews, chill… ok? Tell me more news”

Matthews took a deep breath “That’s basically it. There are some expectations for you to appear at next Saturday’s classic against Arsenal”

“I wouldn’t miss it” Robert smiled

“Can I confirm then?”

“Yeah”

“Ok, Robert. Is there something you need me to do?”

“No Matthews, thanks”

“Ok, call me if you need something, though”

“Ok” Robert hang up the phone as he parked in front of the President’s house. There were only a few cars in there.

That did not stop the player from standing up and walking to ask for permission to enter.

An old man in a suit opened the main door, his eyes widened, recognizing Robert.

“I want to talk to him.”

He gulped “Uh, I’ll go see if he’s available”

“If he isn’t, I’ll break inside and talk anyway” Robert coldly said

The old man took a few steps back, looking at the boy, before turning around to go to his boss. He was in his main office with two of his guards.

“Sir, Robert Lockhart is at the door”

The President frowned “What the hell does he want now?”

“He said he wished to talk”

The President laughed “There is nothing to talk about”

“Oh, really?” Robert suddenly broke inside. He had decided to follow his servant.

“You’re invading my property”

“What’s that compared to a life?” Robert looked sternly at him

The President’s guards took a step forward, threateningly

“Oh? Am I a big threat?” Robert raised his eyebrow

“You are not doing anything here, boy. Leave.”

“I am doing much here. What did I ever do to you?!” Robert took a step forward

The President took a deep breath, before giggling “Look, boy, it was an accident with you. I never knew something like that would happen. Ok? I’m sorry you go involved”

“You’re sorry I got involved?” Robert’s eyes widened “Involved?! I could have died, old man. I still can’t play. You gained lots of gold because of me and the team, you bastard!” He punched his table “May I call it your ex team?!” He challenged

“Chelsea is still mine!” He exalted himself

“Oh? You just confessed you doped the entire team!”

“I had to! They paid the referees, this is so much more than a football game and you’re too naïve to understand that”

Robert’s fists tightened “WE NEVER NEEDED ANYTHING TO WIN!” He yelled, “and we did not needed that bloody drug! Even if they were paid to harm us!”

“You know nothing, boy. These are business, I do what I have to do”

“That included almost killing me”

“It wouldn’t have happened if you had not been a druggie before”

Robert raised his fist, the man was really getting into his nerves.

His bodyguards immediately caught him though.

“Get out of the house, boy. I can get someone as good as you, or better. It’s not like I need you to the team. Look, were good without you”The man smiled wickedly

“The team is not yours anymore! You can’t control it!” Robert yelled “Everyone is against you!”

“I still have the control”

“Not for long then!” Robert tried to free himself, but those men were too strong for him

“You’re nothing, Robert Lockhart. You’re done, you did what you had to do, already” The President smiled “Thank you for your collaboration”

“F*ck you!” Robert yelled “AND YOU WILL PAY FOR SACKING THAT GIRL FROM THE HOSPITAL! THERE IS STILL PROOF AGAINST YOU!”

“There would be, if I haven’t eliminated it” The President smiled

“Oh, did you?!” Robert smiled back “Are you so sure?!”

His face straightened and he looked at one bodyguard.

Robert didn’t even have the time to look at him, he felt a huge hard punch on his face.

“AH!” He felt to the floor

“What do you know, Lockhart?”

“I know you will pay for what you did!” Robert yelled, his heart beating hard against his chest.

He felt his abdomen being kicked hardly.

“Do you have any results?! Where?!”

Robert took a deep breath, trying to control himself and his heartbeat, trying to relax in a fetal position.

Not for long though, he received another hard kick.

“If you are that smart, Lockhart…” The President stood up and walked towards him “You must have figured out by now you won’t walk out of here before telling me what you know about that proof”

Robert put his hand in his chest, the pain seemed to be concentrated there and not the rest of his body, where he was getting hit.

Maybe Matthews was right...

Hello!

What the hell is going on?

And what do you think?!

It's getting near the end guys!

Please comment and vote!

Love,

Carly*