Don't you believe me?

Jess lied on her bed, still wearing the lovely dress that she chose to take to the party. She couldn’t take that life anymore. She wished everything could go back to the way it was when Robert simply played on that street team.

Ever since he went to Chelsea and became famous, more than famous, their life seemed to be filled with lots of whispers, speculations, uncertainties… lies?

Robert was in everyone’s mouth.

Oh, literally.

She loved him, she couldn’t even deny the pain she was in. He was always perfect for her, he always treated her more than well. But after seeing him with that girl, the same that has been showing up with him everywhere in the tabloids, made her doubt everything. Doubt him.

She knew she was not ready for this new life.

She wasn’t.

And she couldn’t deal with it.

It was important for him, but maybe, she had to think more about herself at the moment. Her well being, her sanity.

She heard Queenie barking downstairs and immediately knew Robert was home. It was late in the night, everything was dark, but she never noticed him turning them on.

“Jess?” She heard him whisper, in the dark

She did not reply.

Robert took a deep breath and approached her “Jess, please, let’s work things out. Please listen to me”

Jessica wiped her tears away, still not able to say anything

“Please believe me when I say I never lied to you, Jess…” Robert looked down, feeling the uncomfortable lump in his throat.

“Sleep” She coldly said

Robert sat on the floor, his body leaning on the bed “You know I am not capable of sleeping right now…” he whispered “Neither are you”

Jess closed her eyes, she knew he was right, but she didn’t walk to talk at the moment.

And Robert seemed to understand that, so he remained silent, in the same uncomfortable spot.

Both stood quiet for hours, until eventually physical and emotional exhaustion made their eyes close

*the next morning*

Robert was woken up by the sound of the water running in the shower. He rubbed his eyes, his neck was hurting from the weird position he had fallen asleep in. He decided to stand up and go downstairs, listening to his phone in the meantime.

“Hey…”

It was David.

“Hey Rob, how are you?”

Robert sat in the couch, Queenie quickly jumped to him.

“Well…” David understood the answer “I don’t mean to stress you out or something… but you and Nicole are all over the tabloids again…”

Robert rolled his eyes, nothing surprised him anymore “What now?”

“And you’re kissing”

Robert raised his eyebrow “But I didn’t…”

“I know. The place looks near her house. It’s fake man”

“Whatever…” Robert said “Thanks for telling man”

“Have you talked to her yet?”

“Not much… no”

“Give me a call if you need something, dude”

“Ok” Robert hang up and turned the TV, zapping through the channels, while waiting for Jess to finish her bath.

It did not take her long to appear downstairs. Robert quickly stood up as he watched Queenie running to her.

“Could we talk now?” He asked

Jessica sighed “There is not much to talk about really”

“No, there is much to talk about” He approached her “You need to believe me…”

“I can’t take this anymore Robert. This is not working this way”

“She was drunk. Jess, you showed up right when she threw herself at me. I’m telling the truth, we never had anything Jess!” Robert sighed in frustration, turning around “The bloody pap’s don’t seem to stop, there's a fake picture of me and her kissing already. Nothing ever happened!”

“There is a lot happening Robert. I don’t know what to think anymore. This is more than stressful, this is agonizing, and I am not able to handle it” Jess said

Robert looked at her with painful eyes “You don’t believe me”

“I want to, but everything else tells me the opposite. My own eyes told me the opposite, Robert!” She wiped her tears away “I would never ask you to quit on your dream Robert, but you will have to live it without me”

“No, you don’t mean that” Robert desperately said

“I do” she walked upstairs, slowly, tears falling down her eyes

Robert was quiet in his spot, desperation filling him, he could not lose her.

Yet, she was walking away.

He walked upstairs to see a suitcase on the bed, he gulped. It could not be happening

“How am I supposed to do it… if you’re not next to me”

She glanced at him with watery eyes “I know you can, Robert. I am not going to live a life full of speculations or uncertainties.” She glanced at the clothes “Full of lies”

“I NEVER LIED TO YOU, DAMN IT!” He yelled

She looked at him, for a moment she thought he might become violent. But he immediately calmed down “I thought you loved me, Jess.”

“Don’t even go that way. I love you, I always loved you”

“Then don’t leave…” He looked at her “We can go through this, you just need to believe me”

She saw the tears threatening to fall down his eyes. It broke her heart, but she knew if this went further, it would be even worse for both of them.

He approached her “Please don’t leave me, Jess…”

She took a deep breath, trying to stay strong for the next several minutes. “It is for the best, Robert. For both of us”

“Please don’t”

“Robert. Stop it!” She didn’t hold her tears, though. He was pressuring her too much “I’m leaving”

He walked around the room, his mind going crazy, desperation taking the best of him.

He abruptly grabbed her hand, scaring her “Robert?”

“You’re not leaving.” He said, his voice failing “The house is yours. I’ll leave”

“The house is ours…”

“I’ll leave.” Robert quickly grabbed another suitcase and in a matter of minutes he had his stuff packed.

Queenie ran to him as soon as he went downstairs with his suitcase. “Hey, Queenie” he knelt, petting her “Don’t forget me, ok?”

Those words made the lump formed in Jessica’s throat become almost painful. He was leaving, it was it. They were going their separate ways.

She closed her eyes tightly. It’s for the best, she kept telling herself.

“Well… if you ever change your mind… you know where to find me” He finally said before leaving the house.

And her life.

Hello!

Don't hate me guys!

Please comment and vote!

Love,

Carly*