A Promise to Naruto

~5 years later~

(Y/N) POV:

I groggily wake up in my bed turning off my alarm since it was so noisy. I rubbed my (E/C) eyes, yawned, and stretched a little as I stand up from my bed. I'm not a typically morning person, well its exceptionable when it comes to school days. I walk up to the bathroom to do my morning routine. I took a bath, dried and combed my (H/C) hair well, washed my face, and brushed my teeth. I walk out of the bathroom and got dressed for the day. I was wearing a (F/C) shirt with a (2nd F/C) hoodie, black jeans, and a pair of (3rd F/C) shoes. Once I was done I head down to the kitchen.

I couldn't forget the day Naruto and I met, although I am thankful for him and now my parents, letting me out of the orphanage is the best feeling ever. I'm not one of those kids back there who is taking their adoptive parents for granted. I was a kind and caring person, since its only natural for me at least. I tend to help someone in need, but back there I was considered an outcast, I feel like I'm not belong there. But I try to focus on the present and not going back to the past.

I'm now Naruto's big brother, its crazy he wanted a younger sibling, but instead he got a big brother. As I walk downstairs I was greeted by a warm smile. "Good morning (Y/N)!" she said. Kushina Uzumaki is my mother, she works at a nearby hospital. She is sweet and caring, but I tend to not going in her bad side, mainly that was Naruto's job. "Morning oka-san." I said with a smile as I head to the kitchen. As I walked inside I was greeted by another person as I take a sit on the chair. "Morning kiddo, ready for your first day?" dad asked happily. Minato Namikaze is my father, he is a manager for a phone company. He is a hard working man, caring, and kind. "Morning oto-san. Yup, I am ready, but I don't know if Naruto is." I said as he chuckled a bit.

Mom served breakfast and I clasp my hands and smiles. "Itadakimasu!" I said as I begin to eat but soon after to be disturb by a blond boy tackling me and falling of the chair I was sitting. "Morning (Y/N)-onii!" Naruto said cheerfully as I sighed, patting his head. "Morning otouto." I said simply as he helps me up. I sit down on the same spot while he sit next to me, I eat my food and couple of bites later I was finished. "So, you ready for school?" I asked as Naruto looked at me, still halfway from finishing his ramen. "Yeah I am (Y/N)-onii, besides we're classmates, so I not worried about it." he said cheerfully as he finishes his ramen. I grabbed my bag and Naruto did as well and we head to dad's car, getting in and he drives us to school.

Dad drop us off to school. "You two take care okay, and stay out of trouble." dad said as we both nod and drive off to work. "Well, lets head inside." I smiled as I walk inside, we are in fifth grade and starting today is our first day. We walked inside the school heading to our room. As we reached the room I opened the door and we walked inside just to be greeted by a bunch of fangirls. Actually, my fangirls, I find them really annoying to be honest. I try to head to my seat which is in the front, I took a sit and couple of the girls starts to swarm on my desk. "Can I sit next to you?" "No, I wanna sit with him." "In your dreams, I'm taking the sit." I heard from the fangirls, I sighed and looked at them. "Its already taken." I said as they were look surprised. I see my little brother sat down beside me. "Naruto? Why him?" "Yeah, he's a loser." they protested as Naruto sighed and looked down. I slam my hands on my desk. "Because that is my brother you are talking about." I growled as the girls apologize and walked away, I sighed and I felt a hug wrapped around me. "Thank you (Y/N)-onii." he said as I smile. "Anything for me otouto." I chuckle and classes starts.

~Timeskip~

I was fixing my things, I told Naruto to wait me outside. I got my stuff and packed them up, grabbing my bag, and I walk out of the room. As I was walking around I bumped into one of our classmate, he has dark eyes and spiky black hair with blue highlights. "Sorry about that." I said as I get is stuff on the ground and gives it to him. "Its alright (Y/N)." he said as he take them. "Well, be seeing you tomorrow Sasuke." I said with a smile as I walk outside. I got out and the next scene I saw was horrific. I see Naruto getting beat up by 3 bullies, I went rage as I hurriedly went to my little brother's help. I tackled the one who is punching Naruto and I returned a couple of punch in his face. The other 2 just went quiet as they watch their leader get beat up. I stopped only to see a beat up bully and they run away. I sighed and help my little brother up. "Are you okay? Why did they do this?" I asked in a worried tone as I inspect my little brother's face. "Yeah... They said that I don't deserve you as a onii-san. They say that I was the one who is adopted and not you." he said as tears escaped his eyes. I quickly hugged him tight, regretting the moment I sent him out first. "Don't say that, I am lucky to have you as a otouto and I couldn't ask for more." I said as I wiped his tears away, giving him a piggy back ride home.

~Timeskip a bit~

Naruto was fast asleep on my back as we got home, I opened the door and yelled "We're home." quickly going to mom. She greeted us with a smile, but it slowly changed in horror as she saw Naruto's condition. She quickly tend his injuries while I took a bath, but before I could head to my bedroom, she grabbed me and hugged me a bit. "Thank you for standing up to him." she said as I nodded and head upstairs. I quickly head to my bathroom taking a quick shower, couple of moments I finished taking a shower and changed in some of my nighttime clothes. I wear a (F/C) shirt and (2nd F/C) (shorts, pyjamas, boxers). I head down to eat dinner and quickly went to my room to do my homework. After a couple of moments I finished my homework and head to bed. I yawned and I lay down on my bed. As I was about to sleep, Naruto walked in and lay down beside me. "Can I sleep with you?" he asked as I sighed but nodded. He chuckled and hugged me tight. "I can't thank you enough for earlier." he said as I hugged back. "Hey, were brothers right, so as my duty to be your onii-san, I am swore to protect my otouto." I said rather bravely as he chuckles. "Promise me you won't go or abandon me?" he held out his pinky as I wrap my pinky with his. "Promise." and with that we both sleep peacefully through the night.