The Meeting

She has been wandering around the University administrative blocks over an hour. Yet, she could not locate the exact place to complete her registration. She's now tensed, almost getting frustrated.

"Ops! Why am I so unlucky today? Didn't I pray well this morning?" She mumbled to herself. She looked around for a place to sit, she's fagged out.

"Oh my! can't I just find a good Samaritan to help me out today? Oh my good Lord! Everyone seems to be in a hurry. Who do I ask now? All the people I have been asking are either like me or they don't know, gosh!". She Soliloquies.

She finally finds a place to sit,she sat on one of the concrete built-in chairs on the walkway. The walkway is a bit isolated. She dropped her bag and took a deep breathe as she rubbed her hands over her face.

"Hey! Sis. Are you Okay?" A gentle male voice said.
She jumped up startled.

"Oh my!" She turned to look at the speaker, right there behind her, is a fairly light complexioned young man, tall, relatively handsome, he has a bright smile on his face.

"Oh! I am sorry, I frightened you? I am Beulah." He smiled, revealing his dimples and his set of sparkling white teeth.
He stretched out his hand for a handshake.

"Oh! Am.....ehm...I am Hephzibah," she stammered, looking at his outstretched hand  sceptically, she reluctantly stretched out her hand.

"Did you say Hephzibah?! Beulah exclaimed,as their hands clasped  "wow...my delight is in her?!" He glanced at her long tender fingers and nails as he speaks.

"Yes...." She replied glancing at their clasped hands.

" You have beautiful fingers, and I must say it's nice to meet you Hephzibah," Beulah said smiling brightly.

"Well..... Can I have my hand back please." She gestured to their clasped hands. Beulah unclasped immediately.

"Oh! I am sorry. But, it's really nice to meet you though.." he ran his hand through his hair gently.

As for Hephzibah,  she isn't sure it is  nice meeting him yet. She doesn't even know him. She shook her head.
Beulah observed her,he could notice her reluctancy and ambivalence.

"Oh! I get it, allow me to introduce myself better. I am a 200 level student of The department of Business Administration. I guess you are a newbie. Do you have problems with your registration?" He asked.

Hephzibah smirked,"Oh God,just use this one for me today and let's not meet again, his smiles are  mischievous," She thought.

"Hephzibah... Do you need help?' Beulah asked again looking at her face carefully. She didn't hear him the first time,She was lost in her own protective thoughts.

"Yes, I do" she replied reluctantly, shifting from one feet to the other, she doesn't know why she feels nervous around this complete stranger standing before her and offering to help her out. More so, she's a law student, how will he help her since he said he's from Social Sciences. He's not from the faculty of law, they don't even have anything in common.

Beulah stood  akimbo observing her. He seems to know what's going on in her mind.

"I don't have to be in your department before I can be of help to you. Therefore, don't worry come with me. I can still help anyway," he said shrugging.

"what?!" She exclaimed mentally,
Is he a mind reader or what? How come he knows what's on my mind. She moved back a little from him and looked into his eyes. He looks sincere.

"Well...Thanks Sir!" She finally accepted his kind gesture.

"Sir! Oh please that's awkward. What department are we going to?"

She smiled and said " faculty of law. Thanks Mr Beulah"

Beulah chuckled. She picked up her bag, Beulah lead as they walked towards one of the administrative blocks.

"Mr Beulah?! That's more awkward" he shook his head "you amuse me."

Finally, Hephzibah was able to complete her registration, now she's a recognized law student of the University. She is so excited and relieved. She appreciated Beulah for his assistance and they went their different ways. Still wondering why he waited for her until she was done with everything she had to do in the faculty.

"Oh! Thank you Jesus, finally you did it " she said to herself with great relief.