You and Me Forever

"Finally,Exams are over!!" Sandra exclaimed.

"Jeez! Sandra oya behave!" Hephzibah groaned and picked up her school bag, she pulled Sandra along with her, who was still ecstatic, out of the hall. They walked out, exchanged greetings and pleasantries with some of their course mates loitering outside the examination hall.

"Hephzy girl, now that exams are over when are you going home?" a skinny girl with a brown weave-on hair said to Hephzy, chewing her bubble gum noisily.

"Chika, will you stop masticating like a goat! You chew that your bubble gum too loudly" another girl standing close to the latter said with irritation.

Chika hissed and ignored her.

"Ehen, Hephzy girl, I was talking to you..."

" Oh! So you are not talking to me?" She interrupted.

"Amina, what is your problem nah your mouth I dey use chew, moreso,no be you gave me the bubble gum, make I no para for you, you no know wentin this chewing gum, dey do for my body o, nah so I dey eat am since morning. I beg biko,"

" Wentin yeye think e dey do for your crayfish body? And so if say nah me give you nko? I say make you dey use am disturb the whole faculty of law, even the Dean dey hear your chew chew,"

They both exchanged words in pigdin English.

"Chisos!!" Chika laughed heartily

" that's hyperbole, too much exaggeration," she shook her head.

"Whatever! Just stop the lousy chewing, it's getting on my nerves" Amina glared at her.

"As if there is a time nothing doesn't get on your yeye nerves," Chika snorted,as she blew her bubble gum.

"It's okay girls" Hephzibah who had been watching their little drama interrupted "I will be leaving next week"

"Just let me know, I want us to travel together, it's my first time traveling to Lagos alone, so I want to journey with someone,"

"Haha... Daddy's pet. Can't travel alone, you ain't still traveling alone, Hephzy is taking you home," Amina snorted.
Chika rolled her eyes and hissed.

"Amina, what is it you want from me, you've been on my nerves all day, badass girl,"

" Me! Badass! Then you're a winch!"

" That's enough Ladies," Hephzibah interrupted. Thes two girls are just another version of 'Tom and Jerry' always on each other's tail like cat and rat, when they act like this anyone would think they can't stand each other, yet the two are just like snail and its shell, inseparable and funny.

" Look here girls, I have to go now, my tummy is singing its usual special number, it needs food, and I want to rest too, I need to recover my lost sweet sleep,"

" Me too,"

"What do you mean by 'you too'?" Chika turned her smirking face to Amina .

"I need to recover my lost sweet sleep too," Amina replied shrugging.
Chika burst out laughing, pointing her fingers at Amina, everyone around glanced at her for her sudden out burst.
She became self conscious and covered her mouth,the laughter turned to a giggle.

Amina and Hephzibah. exchanged surprise glances,

"What was that for," Sandra who just joined the group of girls asked looking from one person to the other. She had been talking with some group of boys at the other side, she walked over to the girls when she heard Chika's nuisance of a laugh.

" I don't know what's so hilarious,that got her roaring like a jackal" Amina rolled her eyes.

"Jackals don't roar" Chika scoffed
Amina glared at her, attempting to hit her." Hey! Thou shall not raise they hands against thy bestie, Chika chapter 6 verse 10"

They all glared at her, she is such an annoying fellow,

" If not that I pitied that your tiny skinny body I would have crushed you and keep you inside my hand bag," Amina glared at Chika.

"Jeez!!" Sandra,Hephzibah and Chika exclaimed.

"You these girls are something else, totally not from this world," Sandra shook her head
Hephzibah just chuckled and walked away,Sandra followed her.

"What?! You are walking away?!" The girls left behind called out to them, Sandra and Hephzibah waved their hands in the air, without looking back at the perplexed girls behind.

"I can't just understand those girls," Sandra chuckled

" Well, I don't know the right adjective to qualify them, I wonder how their roommates cope with their dramas,"

"Like seriously, I don't know."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Hello beautiful!"

"Hi Handsome"

"...and how has my angel been doing?"
"She's done with her second semester exams!" She squealed happily
"Why is she so excited?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.
"Because she's a step closer to her dreams!"
They both laughed out loud.

"Share the gist wanna join in the good laugh," Joshua, Beulah's roommate walked in, he dropped his bag on the table, got himself a chill bottle of water from the small fridge placed beside the table. He then sat down next to Hephzibah. They are all sitting on Beulah's bed.

"You are welcome," Hephzibah gave him a side hug.

"Thanks Sweety" he replied

" And who gave you the right to use endearing words for my bestie," Beulah asked glaring at Joshua.

" Are you jealous, maybe if I try a little bit and I do more, she will be my girlfriend," Joshua winked at Hephzibah.

"No! She's already my girlfriend!" Beulah interjected.

"She will be my lover then, or maybe I should just marry her,"

"No, she can't be your lover without my permission. As her bestie you will have to win me over first, before you can get to her," Beulah winked at Hephzibah and Joshua chuckled.

" Really? okay, so what do I have to do?" Joshua said teasingly.
Beulah moved closer to Joshua and whispered into his ear.

"Wait, wait, wait. Are you guys kidding, have you forgotten I am still here," she said emphatically.

"And so" the guys said simultaneously and shrugged carelessly.

"So you are selling me off to your friend,"

"Haba, has anyone talked about buying or selling anything just now," Beulah turned to Joshua,
Joshua raised up his hands.

"Noooo, no one o, except Hephzibah" Joshua replied.

"You see, you are the only one who mentioned selling,"

"Ah!" She looked from one guy to the other, the two guys exchanged glances and put on innocent faces like they didn't know anything about what she's talking about.

"I can see you guys are out to play me today, am off to my hostel before you sell me off to your friend," Hephzy glared at them.

Joshua and Beulah couldn't stop laughing, they so much enjoy teasing her and seeing her with the expression she has on her face right now. She looks like an over riped tomato.

"Did I say something weird or awkward,cus I don't understand what's so amusing," she asked, she is obviously confused.

"Nevermind, have a good night, I will see you off to the motor park tomorrow. I am missing you already," Beulah stood up and embraced Hephzibah.
" It's just two months holiday, it will be over before you know it, just make sure you make maximum use of it, you too Joshua," she said emphatically.

"Yes mummy," the guys replied sarcastically.

She rolled her eyes embraced the guys and left
"I will miss you,"
Beulah signed, Joshua patted him on his shoulders.

(Thanks friends for reading so far,
Hope you are enjoying the story? don't forget to drop your comments and votes. Thanks so so much...........)