I Do

Edward has been waiting for Hephzy for forty-five minutes, he is really worried, her absence means lot of things,he doesn't want to start thinking about.
He had gone to the restroom thrice, he had removed his black jacket, he feels hot, despite the AC , he had ordered three bottles of water, people around would have noticed his restlessness, but he reserved a VIP table, there is privacy, there are only three tables in the room, when he arrived he met a group of people on one of the tables, he guessed they are there for a business deal, he could hear some of the things they were discussing, they left twenty minutes after he arrived.
Thereafter, two couples came in, and they just left about two minutes ago and he is still here waiting endlessly for Hephzy.
He doesn't want to call her, he was really tempted to call her but he doesn't want to,if she comes that means he had finally got a chance with her and if she doesn't then.......he left that hanging in the air.

He emptied the cup of water and he sighed deeply.
Will she come? What's keeping her? Did something go wrong,is this her way of saying no?
He kept asking himself rhetorical questions. He checked his gold wristwatch it was exactly 8pm.
He should start going,
"She's not coming" he told himself. He picked up his jacket and stood up, he felt really reluctant, should he wait a little longer.

"She's not coming" he thought.

"She's coming,why don't you wait  for her" another voice in him urged him.

"I have waited for an hour!" He argued.

"More patience" the voice insist.

"Am losing it, I don't think I can" He turned to leave, looking downcast

"Edward!"

He immediately looked up sharply,where is that voice coming from,he had been the only one in the room for about twenty minutes now.
He looked up and saw the most beautiful girl he had ever seen.
She's dressed in a white short Dinner gown,that ended few inches below her knees.
The upper bodice is made with a white lace, slightly off shoulder and a short sleeve.
The down part is made with white chiffon.
She wore a cream stilettos and carried a cream purse bag. She packed her hair in a ponytail. She wore a sliver necklace, a sliver earrings and a modest makeup completed with a nude lipstick.

"Wow!" Edward exclaimed overwhelmed with joy. "Beautiful is an understatement Hephzy, I am short of words, you look so gorgeous"
She moved closer to him, smiling.

" I am sorry I am late"

" I am happy you are here, come with me damsel" he stretched out his hand to her and she took it, he lead her to the table and made her sit comfortably.

"Thanks, Edward"

"You're welcome" he smiled happily.

"You look cute in that shirt, I guess you like black" she said shyly.

Edward smiled, it's amazing, Hephzy is shy with him for the first time, she also complimented him for the first time, is this a good sign. He couldn't take his eyes off her, she looks extraordinarily beautiful today and there is this joy radiating from her eyes.

"Well, since dinner is getting late,shall we try and order something" she said, trying to make him take his piercing eyes off her, it makes her nervous.

"That's right,so what would you like to eat?" He asked without taking his eyes off her for once.

"Something light"

"Like?"

"Water"

"Water?!"

She laughed.

"Look at you, I wish you could see your face right now,you look like a white ghost" she laughed out loud.

Edward chuckled.