Late night texting

A British sixteen year old boy had just settled down to sleep. It was a hot summer night, one when it was near to impossible to try and sleep.
He sighed, rolling around. It was quite late-about 11:16 pm. His parents would be mad if they found out he had stayed up this late.
Once he had found a comfortable position, he smiled. Breathing out, he was happy to be able to sleep.
And that was when his phone started buzzing.
At first, he thought it was just a notification for a game. But as it got to the sixth one, he noticed his phone was buzzing more violently.
He groaned and sat up, reaching over and waiting for his eyes to adjust to the bright light. He eventually saw what the words meant and when he did, fear sparked in him.

Ghost: Hey Toast.

He replied within seconds.

Toast: Is everything okay, Sir?

Ghost: Sorry it's late.

Toast: It's fine.

Ghost: I know you were probably asleep.

Toast: Are you alright, Sir?

Ghost: He's back. And he's screaming in my head. He won't stop. Make him stop. I'm scared.

Ghost: Please..

Toast sat up on his side and replied. His hands were shaking. He knew what was going on. It was normal for Jimmy to try to take control at night.

Toast: It's okay, Sir. I'm here. It's okay now.

Ghost: No it isn't. Nothing is okay. He won't leave me alone. Please help me. Stop him! I can't breathe. I can't move. He is controlling my body!

Toast could almost hear Ghost panicking. He pressed the call button, but was surprised when Ghost declined.

Ghost: Don't ring me. My grandparents are in the room next to me.

Toast: Okay.

Toast: Tell me what you were doing before this. Is there anything that may have.. nudged him?

Ghost: I was watching T.V and I saw a bit of blood, fake blood. But then I started laughing and then something snapped.

Ghost: He's back, Johnny! And he won't leave. He won't stop screaming 'stab stab stab' at me. I can't do this. It's echoing in my mind. I'm fighting him for control but it's not working.

Toast: Yes you can Sir. I know you can. You are getting good at fighting back.

While Toast texted his best friend, he was thinking of how to help him. He ran through all the things he had done in the past to help him.

It was never easy when Casket tried to take over. Especially at night-he seemed more.. lively.

Ghost: He is saying that I can't. I can't do this alone. I'm not strong enough to fight him back, Toast. He's breaking through.

Toast: You can hold him off. You can do that.

Ghost: He killed my parents, Johnny! And I don't want him to do the same to my grandparents!

Toast: He won't Sir. I will make sure he doesn't.

Ghost: I keep repeating 'Stab'. My mouth is chanting 'Stab'. But it isn't my voice.

'That's not good at all' Toast thought.

Ghost: I keep trying to cut him off, but I can't.

Toast: Sir, stay talking to me.

Paused.

Toast: Sir?

Ghost: Too late, Toaster.

Toast sat in shock for a moment. He dropped his phone on the bed before quickly picking it back up.
Toast: Jimmy?

Ghost: StAb sTab StaAb. HaAhaHa

Toast: Let him back Jimmy! He's done nothing wrong to you!

Ghost: Awh, but I just want to StAb sTab StAb!

Toast could almost hear Jimmys hysterical laughing in his head. He shuddered in fear at the thought.

Toast: Jimmy! Don't you dare hurt anyone! Let Sir back. NOW!

Ghost: Aw, you're not fun, Toasty. Though I am honoured you used all caps on me. *giggles*

Ghost: But, seeing as you are a Prince, I will do as you say. But only once.

Toast sighed in relief, until he read the next text.

Ghost: But I will be back.

That wouldn't be a bad threat, but Jimmy was one who stuck to his word.

The five minutes wait was agonising. But at last, Ghost replied.

Ghost: Toast? Is it over?

Toast: Yeah. He didn't do anything. I promise.

Ghost: Good. Thank you for fighting for me. Really, thanks.

Toast: Goodnight Sir.

Ghost: Night Toast x

Toast looked at the time.

1:04 am.

Just as he shut his phone off, his bedroom door shot open and light flooded the room, hurting his eyes for the second time that night.

"Johnathan!" Shouted his mother's voice. "Why are you texting so bloody late?!"

She was more than angry.

"Busted!!" Shouted the voice of Toasts older brother, Gavin. He was in the room opposite Toast.

This wasn't going to be a good night but hey, at least he prevented Jimmy from killing anyone-for now anyway.

Hey

This is the first chapter of the book. I hope you enjoyed it and sorry it was long. But I will update soon.
Thanks for reading it.

See ya people!
-Guargent