Case study

(Ten years later)

After ten years, the two had reunited and decided to move into an apartment. Spooker and Colon lived in the apartment above them.

They were, by now, two months into their new business P.I.E.
Toast sat down on the couch, sipping his tea and watching Tele. He felt like his life was missing something exciting, so he grabbed a biscuit and held it in his tea for a few minutes. He then lifted it out and just as he was about to eat it-

"Johnny!" Shouted Ghost, bursting though the door.

"What is it Sir?" He asked, turning around to look at him.

"We have a case. Get ready." With that, he left.

Toast turned back to his biscuit to see that it had fallen in the tea. He stated at the remain half, frowning.

(Time skip)

Ghost knocked on the door while Toast got the equipment out of the van.
The door opened and an old man stood in front of them.

"Are you the paranormal folk?" He asked then, pointing his walking stick at each one.

"I'm Johnny Ghost, Paranormal Investigator Extraordinaire! And this is my partner, Johnny Toast!"

"Hello!"

"Hello, I'm Mr. Nilo."

"Right." Ghost walked in and looked around.

"The room upstairs to the left seems to be haunted." Mr. Nilo said, pointing upstairs.

They nodded.

"Mr. Nilo, if you would kindly wait downstairs while we work, that would be good." Toast said, following his partner upstairs.

After looking though all the rooms on the left, the ghost detector in Ghosts hand started to beep when they were at the last room.

"Uh oh." He muttered.

"What is it, Sir?"

"It appears we have a level two on our hands."

"A level two?"

Before Ghost could say anything else, an old lady stood in front of them.

They both stared at her, before Toast looked at the wall to see a picture of her.

"Mrs. Nilo?" He asked, stepping in front of Ghost.

She looked at them.

"Oh, hello boys." She smiled at them.

".. hi.." they said in sync.

There was a moment of silence.

"Hey, could you de-haunt this place so Mr. Nilo can live in peace." Ghost asked, looking at her.

"I would, but I seem to be unable to move onto the after life." She raised an eyebrow.

"Unable to?"

"Sir, she might need something to free her soul from this house."

"You're right, Johnny." He looked around the room. "Do you know what item you need to be freed?"
"I need to talk to my husband." She sighed. "But every time I try he gets scared."

"Toast, would you go downstairs and get Mr. Nilo."

"Of course, Sir."

Toast walked down the stairs, looking in the living room.

"Mr. Nilo," he called. "The ghost was your deceased wife-she wishes to talk to you."

Silence.

"Strange." He walked into the kitchen and gasped.

Mr. Nilo was laying on the tiled floor, bleeding. He seemed to have been shot in the chest, but why didn't they hear the bang. He checked his pulse and his eyes widened.

He was dead.

"Sir," Toast yelled. He turned, only to see Maxwell standing there with a gun to Toasts head.

"What is it, Toast?"

"D-don't come downstairs." Toast said, staring at Maxwell.

Hey, hope you enjoyed the chapter. Most people tend to skip the notes at the end so I'll let you carry on reading.

-Guargent