Gluten free Toast

(Just to point out, these **** mean that they are changing onto new flashbacks)

"Johnny!" Ghost grabbed the man by his shoulders, shaking him. "Johnny, wake up!"

"Uh, Ghost?" Colon began as the man stirred.

"What Colon?!"

"That's not Toast." Colon pointed out. "That's Gavin. Johnny was wearing the shirt and waistcoat, this guy is wearing a brown coat and jogging bottoms."

Spooker gasped. "So, he's a fake Toast? Like gluten free?"

"No, he's still a Toast, he's just not Johnny."

"Wh.. what?" Gavin sat up.

"What did you do to Johnny?!" Ghost screamed, rain drizzling down his face.

"Johnathan.. he's in there." He paused. "Did.. did he save me?"

"Yes, he saved you, you idiot!" Ghost leaned over the drain, pulling off the cover.

"Ghost stop!" Colon tried to pull him back.

"No! Toast is still in there, Colon. And I have to get him!" He placed his hand in the drain, fear and panic flooding inside him. "No! No no no no!" He kept hitting the bottom of the drain, trying  to break through. "No.. not Johnny." He began to sob. He had just lost his best friend, his crush, his.. Toast.

He covered his face with his hands, sobbing loudly, howling. "Johnny!!" He screamed at his dreadful loss.

Colon and Spooker sat in silence, mourning their friend too. The weather seemed to fit in with the scene, heavy rain.

Gavin sat there, looking to Ghost. "I.. I'm sorry, Ghost." He said.

Ghost looked at him, hatred burning in his eyes. "How could you be sorry? You wanted him dead! Your own brother! And now he's.. he's gone!" He sobbed louder. "Johnny, you can't be gone!" He cried hysterically. He died down a bit, hangin his head. "You can't leave me. Not you. Of all people, why you? I loved you.."

Spooker gasped, covering his mouth. Colon sat there, staring at his friend. Gavin stared at Ghost.

He remembered holding his younger brother for the first time:

"Be careful, Gavin, he's only an hour old." His father had told him.

"Oh wow! I can't wait until you grow up Johnathan! We can play soldiers and football and then we can play hide and seek! I'll even show you my favourite toy car!" Gavin held his younger brother tightly, protecting him.

****

"Mother! Father! Look!"

"Oh how lovely!" Their mother smiled, snapping a photo of the two boys.

Gavin was smiling brightly, Johnathan Toast was grinning as young children do. Gavin held tightly onto his hand, making sure his brother wouldn't fall as he took his first steps.

"He's walking!" Gavin smiled, kissing his forehead. "Well done Johnathan!"

"Babin. Kee hee." Toast mumbled to his brother.

"Did you hear that, Mother? He said my name! Go on Johnathan, say it again!"

"Babin!" The boy giggled.

"Well done!" He hugged his brother in joy.

****

"Boys, this is your new sister." The nurse leaned down, showing the curious boys.