How about no?

Ghost opened his eyes and looked around. He was still in his partner's bed. He imagined Toast to be beside him. He had slept better that night, though gotten up early.

6:00 am

Way too early. But he couldn't go back to sleep.
He wandered into the kitchen and made some coffee, thinking about where Toast may be.

"I hope you're safe, Johnny." He stared out of the window.  "I want you here with me." He smelt the shirt he wore.

****

He stood, staring at her.

"What-am I dead?" He asked. I can't be dead! I can't leave Sir!

"No." His wife held out her hand. "But you can be."

"What do you mean, Mary?"

"You are in a dream scape thing."
"I doubt that. I was kidnapped."

Mary sighed sadly. She walked over and held his face.

"Don't you want me back, Johnathan? Don't you love me anymore."

"I miss you, believe me, I do." He looked down, holding her hands away from him. "But.. I.. oh don't cry."

"You murdered me! We could've been a happy couple. And now I'm offering to you. Take my hand and we can live together in the afterlife."

Toast stared at her hand, thinking.
Live with his wife and have no worries, or live with his life and have to somehow help Ghost.

"No." He said, quietly.

"What do you mean, 'no'?"

"I mean no. I don't want to live in the afterlife, Mary." He sighed. "This is hard for me to say but," he took a breath. "I don't love you anymore."

"That's right," she sighed. "You love your precious Sir?"

"Mary, what was the last thing yo said to me?"

"I love you?"

"No. You told me that you were okay with me moving on. And that's what I've-"

"Oh, shut up Johnathan!" She growled, grabbing his collar, making him stare at her. She then forced her lips onto his.

He didn't kiss back. He just stared at her.

She pulled away, still holding his collar. He looked down at the ground.

He looked back up at her.

She wasn't Mary. How could she be?

She was Katrina.

"You took the form of my dead wife and tried to kill me?" Toast asked her, pushing her away. "And you.. you kissed me? Get off me!"

She smirked and nodded. "Yeah. It's better to mess with people like that. It's a shame you didn't take her hand."

She changed into Ghost. "Oh, I'm sorry, Johnny, but I don't love you."

"Stop it, Katrina." He ground out.
She changed back into herself.
"I think it's about time you see another dream, don't you?"

"I'm asl-AH!"

Katrina giggled as she looked up at Amiee.

"Je n'aime pas." (I don't like) she sighed.

"Oh stop whining." Katrina snapped.

Amiee stood there and looked down. "Je suis désolé, Mr. Toast." She said quietly. (I am sorry, Mr. Toast.)

Toast weakly groaned in as a response, before closing his eyes and passing out.

****

Toast looked around. He was in his apartment.

Ghost was on the sofa.

"Sir," Toast smiled. He then walked over.

Ghost didn't say anything. He walked past him and opened the door.

Another man walked in. Ghost giggled and kissed him. All Toast did was watch.

"Ghost.." he muttered. "Please, no."

"It's a shame, your old friend died."

"Yeah. It is. But I have you now." Ghost giggled at him. "Toast was never this good. I mean, look, you even got me my favourite CD."

"That's because I love you."

"And I love you too."

"No, Sir, you should be saying those words to me."

They then kissed and Toast watched. Tears fell down his face.
"Ghost I love you, damn it!"

He then heard laughter around him. And Ghost and the man turned to him.

"I'm using you, Toast." He said. "And now, die. My life is better off without you."

The man shot him and he fell back. He blinked and he was falling, slowly. Opening his eyes, he saw pictures around him. Pictures of his father. Pictures of his life.

He took a deep breath.

"SIR! HELP ME!" He screamed, tears in his own eyes as he began to fall faster.

He's not dead.

Maybe.

Hello, people. Hope you are all okay. Thank you for reading the chapter and I hope you enjoyed it.

-Guargent