Chapter 1

*Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters. All rights go to Suzanne Collins. Thank you!
*This is my first book so don't mind any grammar errors. I try very hard not to make them, But hey they happen.*

*Short chapter to get you started on Katniss, Gale, Peeta, Finnick, and Haymitch's still hectic life.
I'm sorry this story seems rushed the first few chapters. It gets better I promise. I rushed things so I could show just how fast time really went by, and how catching up really pushed time forward. I got excited when I first wrote this and I didn't realize I was doing that much damage. So sorry😟, but please read it and enjoy. Thanks again!*

Katniss POV

I sit quietly on the couch, and contemplate what I want to do.
Today isn't exactly a good day; Today marks the day that officially 2 years ago I lost my sister. Gale's not home, he went to the woods to hunt. Which leaves me here with a blank mind. I decide not to mope around and get up to head outside. I grab my hunting boots and jacket, along with my game bag. Once I get everything on I decide to head to the Woods. Once I get there I see Gale's snares, and I try not to step on them.

"Hey Catnip." A to familiar face said.

I immediately whip around.

"Damn you Gale! I could have steped on a snare!" I said with a laugh.

"Sorry, but you love me too much to be mad at me if you did." He said and wiggled his eyebrows.

"Well its a good thing I do, or you'd be in trouble." I said.

He laughs "How much trouble?" He said with a smirk.

I said the most obvious thing "Mmm, I dunno. Probably a lot."

He just laughed.

"Well anyway's, Peeta's back. And he's with Finnick." He said in one breath.

"Really? Wait what do you mean he's with Finnick?" I said shocked.

"Well, I heard Finnick moved in with him to make sure he was ok after treatment." He said with sad eyes.

I immediately walked over and kissed him on the lips. His lips felt warm and soft. I didn't want to pull away. He pulled away first and looked me in the eyes.

"I'm not leaving you for him, if that's what you're thinking" I said softly.

He pressed his forehead against mine.

"I love you." He said.

I smile "I love you too, Gale."

"I'm going to talk to him and see how he's doing. I still want to be his friend Gale."

Gale groans, and backs away from me.

He sighs "Katniss what if he thinks you still like him?" He said angrily.

"That's why I need to talk to him, I need to tell him we aren't a thing. And I need to tell him I've moved on and so can he" I said rolling my eyes.

"Fine, whatever." He said looking away from me.

"Gale, I'm not leaving you for him. Ok?" I said rudely.

Gale sighs, and engulfs me in a bear hug.

I whisper in his ear "I will see you at home, I love you."

He releases me from the hug and smiles.

"I love you too" he said and pecks a kiss on my lips.

I exit the woods and headed for Victor's Village. If Peeta moved to his old house then its only 3 doors down from me. So it shouldn't be hard to find him. Once I enter the village I notice Haymitch on his porch drinking I'm assuming is alcohol. I walk towards his house.