Chapter 2

Hayley and I hid in the shadows, waiting for the werewolves to come into the Mikaelson Compound. With our enhanced hearing, we heard the werewolves when they arrived from above. They jumped in as if it were nothing.

The werewolves split up, looking throughout the entire compound. Hayley and I would take them down, one by one.

Two werewolves were about to go up a staircase, but were stopped when Hayley snapped their necks. She silently took the ring from their fingers.

She turned back at me and I smirked. So it began.

I made my way through the doors, killing any werewolf I came across. I spotted one sneaking past, about to go upstairs. I sprinted up to him and bit down his neck with my fangs, tearing his throat out. When I felt his pulse stop, I pulled away and ripped the ring from his fingers. I left his body in search of more wolves.

As I reached one room, I had found Hayley removing a moonlight ring from one of the dead werewolves.

"Having fun?" I asked as I felt blood trickle down my chin as I grinned at her.

"It's about to be a lot more fun," She says as she looks past me.

I turn around to see many werewolves crowding around us. I observe the crowd with watchful eyes before spotting a moonlight ring on a female wolf stood in front of the others. I lifted my head with a smirk, making myself appear bigger. Other wolves began sizing us up.

"Have I mentioned that I've had a rotten couple of months?" Hayley asks before her eyes change, her inner hybrid coming out.

Hayley lunges at the lady with the ring as I took on two stood behind her. I hit the wolf on my right into the wall with a thud. The wolf to my left lunged at me but I dodged his attack. As he was off balance, I kicked him into the other wolf. Another wolf grabbed my arm and chucked me at the wall beside the other two wolves. As I hit the wall, I saw a wolf lunge down from a staircase to attack Hayley.

I fumbled on the ground and grabbed the nearest object which happened to be a metal platter. I threw it like a frisbee at the wolf about to attack me. He fell to the ground after it hit him in the face. I turned to the other two wolves to see the wolf beside me about to bite my arm.

"Oh, hell no," I said as I brought my fist to his face.

His friend jumped at me but I lowered myself so he hit the wall. I turned and snapped his neck. Before I could take the ring from him, his two wolf friends joined me. The first came at me and pushed me into the wall.

I tried pushing him off of me but he was channeling his wolf strength. His werewolf fang were getting closer to my neck every second. I quickly grabbed his head with both my hands. It was a battle of who was stronger. Would he bite me or would I snap his neck.

When I struggled against him, I kneed him in the stomach. As he was weakened by my strike, I snapped his neck with ease. I jumped at the other wall and used it to jump on the wolf's back. I quickly snapped his neck.

As the dead body fell, I turned back to where Hayley once fought to see she was gone but the two werewolves were dead.

"Well thanks for the help," I grumbled as I took the rings from the werewolves and walked out of the room to look for Hayley.

"If I see you with one of these again, I will kill you myself," I heard Hayley say.

I followed her voice to find Oliver kneeling in front of her as Hayley held the moonlight ring in front of his face.

She stepped back from him and Oliver stood up. He looked at her for a last moment before turning and leaving.

"You're letting him go," I asked but it came out as more of a statement.