Chapter 6

After our talk about the Mikaelson parents, Elijah, Klaus, and I headed back into the courtyard where there was commotion. Inside the courtyard are the Crescent wolves and Hayley is leading them.

"Well, this is interesting," I say under my breath.

Hayley speaks up to her packmates, "Take any of the rooms on the first floor."

Klaus walks over to Hayley and asks, "Are we running a kennel now?"

I snorted at his question, earning a look from Elijah. I rolled my eyes, "You cannot look at me like I am a child."

"You are a child who is locked inside a teen's body," Elijah says with unamusement.

"Well you dated this child, so what does that make you?" I raised an eyebrow at him with a small smile.

He sighs and shakes his head, so we tune back into Klaus and Hayley's conversation.

"Our family is under siege. It is not the time for guests," Klaus says in annoyance.

Hayley reasons with Klaus, "If they're not with us, they're with the witches. You asked me to step up. This is me stepping up."

Klaus looks proud as he smiles, "Well, it seems I'm a good influence on you after all."

I turned to speak to Elijah but he seemed to be lost in his mind. With a sigh, I walked down the stairs to Hayley and Klaus.

"I don't see Oliver amongst them. Am I to assume you finished him off?" Klaus asks with a devilish smile.

Hayley grinned a little as she was proud of herself, "We made a deal. He'll pledge his loyalty to Cassie, report back, and tell me everything that he learns."

"Well done!" Klaus exclaims.

"Far better than what you would have done," I mused with a smirk.

Klaus turns to me with furrowed brows, "Oh please, we both know I am the master planner of deception."

I laughed at how true his statement was. Klaus then leaves Hayley and I to help the wolves.

"How should I help?" I asked with a smile.

"You want to help?" Hayley asks in disbelief.

I shrugged my shoulders, "Anything for you Hayley."

"Just help me show them to their rooms." She redirects her attention to wolves who just entered the compound, "You girls can just go through here."

I see Elijah coming down the stairs, just about to leave. With a smirk, I say, "Let me help them! Follow me girls."

I point them in the directions of their rooms before turning back to Hayley. She and Elijah are talking and I cannot help but smile. They would be so cute together. I frowned when he left.

After helping all the werewolves move in, Hayley took a break and hung out in the courtyard. In the middle of the courtyard was a table full of foods. There were fruits, juice, a silver platter, and a whole breakfast buffet.

"I guess Klaus decided to be nice today," I said as I began to eat the food. We started to munch on the fruits and breakfast buffet that was there.

Klaus ended up coming downstairs to join us.

"So, which restaurant's missing a compelled chef?" Hayley asks Klaus with a smile.

Klaus looks at us and furrows his eyebrows, "It's certainly a card I've played in the past, but I had no hand in this..."

"Hmm. Well, then, I guess we have Elijah to thank?" I say, feeling slightly uneasy.

As if on queue, Elijah walks in and says, "This wasn't my doing..."