Chapter 10

I was with Klaus and we were among the streets where people were celebrating All Hallow's Eve. He said he needed me, but he did not say what for.

"What are we doing here, Nikki?" I ask with a sigh as we push past people.

"We are looking for someone," He said with an annoyed expression.

I glared holes into his back, "Don't act annoyed with me when you asked me for help."

"I have a list of people that I am hunting down. Davina is one of them and currently, she is off the radar," Klaus explained as we hurried down the busy street.

Under my breath, I wondered, "How the hell did she get your dad?"

"Thats what I am going to figure out," Klaus says and comes to a stop.

I stand beside him and see why we stopped. I smirked when I saw the blonde with her back towards us.

"Yeah, well, word on the streets-- and, by streets, I mean Josh-- is that you've gone totally MIA. Seriously, are you okay? Where are you?" Cami asks on the phone.

On the other line I can hear Davina speaking, "I'm fine. I'll be back soon, I promise. And... thanks for calling. It's good to hear your voice."

When the phone beeps, Cami calls out, "Davina? Davina?" Cami checks her phone and sighs when the call was disconnected.

"Well, that was rather rude!" Klaus says with a smirk.

Cami quickly turns around to see us and gapes at us in shock, which only makes us smirk even more.

"Well, it's a pleasure to see you, too, Camille!" Klaus says in amusement.

She narrows her eyes at him before taking a deep breath, "Don't...Don't do that crooked-smile thing, okay? I haven't see you for months, and now you're... appearing out of the blue with her? What do you want?"

I smiled a little, "I missed you, too, Cami." I don't really think Cami likes me that much. I can be a little rude sometimes, although I do like Cami, especially for Klaus.

Klaus nods his head with a smile, "Well, I have a rather long list of people I need to track down and deal with, and at the top of that list is a certain runaway witch."

"Maybe she doesn't want to be found," Cami responds shortly.

I scoffed and crossed my arms, "Well, her wants are not our priority."

Klaus nods his head in agreement, "And for good reason. Had I magically resurrected the insane, vampire-hunting father of my sworn enemy, I'd be hiding too!"

"Wait, what?" Cami questions while looking completely flabbergasted.

With fake shock and concern, Klaus asks, "Oh, haven't you heard? Mikael the Destroyer, back from the dead. And, by all accounts, under the complete control of your little friend, Davina."

"Well, you heard her, clearly. She didn't say where she was!" Cami says with a worried expression.

"Oh, on the contrary, love. You just had to know how to listen. For instance, I heard cicadas, and I heard tans, but the real giveaway was the church bells," Klaus had a sickening smile plastered on his face. "Did you know Davina's family owns a little cabin in Terrebonne Parish? It's been abandoned for years! But, a brief glimpse at a map showed its just a mile from the loveliest little chapel."

I looked at him with wide eyes, "That's not creepy at all."

Klaus turns to me with a smile, "Its just simple research."