Chapter 12

After stuffing Mikael into the trunk of the car, Klaus and I went inside the cabin. Once inside, we found Cami and Kaleb, or should I say Kol, checking on Davina who was still passed out. Klaus stood by the doorway and I did the same.

Seeing Kaleb and knowing he is Kol is making my insides boil. I want to be near him, but then I remember how he still hasn't told me of his presence and I want to scream.

"We should get her to a hospital," Cami says in a worried tone as she strokes her forehead.

When Kaleb noticed our presence, he says to me, "Oh. Hello, darling. I see you have brought the big old wolf. Back to huff and puff and blow the house down?"

I couldn't find words in my dry throat, but Niklaus was able to pitch in unamused, "You know, it's funny how often a person's sharp tongue can end up cutting their own throat."

Cami sighs in frustration, "Klaus, he's just a kid. Give him a break."

I snorted at how unaware she is. As I did this, Kaleb met my eye. I was unable to read their expression when they broke away and turned to Niklaus, "Yeah, she's right. You know, you may want to try a bit of lavender under your pillow. Does wonders for stuck-up pillocks with anger issues."

"Hey! Shut it!" Cami and I yelled isync.

Klaus seemed unfazed when he said, "I promised not to kill Davina. I said nothing of this insolent sod."

When Kaleb only smirks at Klaus, Cami grabs Klaus by the arm and leads him outside. Great. Just what I needed.

I sighed when Kaleb and I were alone with an unconscious Davina.

"Fancy seeing you here," Kaleb said with an amused expression, one I did not share.

"I see you're having fun with Davina," I said, feeling a little irritated.

Kaleb chuckled, "Well, I don't find unconscious girls that entertaining. And if I didn't know any better, I would say you sounded jealous."

My fists clenched on instinct and I could feel blood drip from my hands when my own nails pierced the skin of my palms.

"Words cannot even begin to explain how pissed I am," I said through gritted teeth.

Before Kaleb could explain the confused look on his face, Klaus joined us and said, "You've got a way with words."

"Well, I've traveled," Kaleb says with a nonchalant shrug and stands to speak face-to-face with Niklaus and I.

"You seem to have crossed continents in order to weasel your way into Davina's good graces, thereby meddling in my family business," A smile appears on Klaus's lips. "Strange, isn't it?"

When Kaleb only smirks, Klaus continues to speak, "Unless it's your family business. You know, ever since my mother and Finn, I was wondering when you might make an appearance, Kol."

Kaleb dramatically bows with a smile, "Then the jig is up! Hello, brother and my dear Exandria!"

"It's not that I begrudge you hitching a ride back to the land of the living. It's just that you're making all the wrong friends, brother. And, I have half a mind to show you how wrong you are," Klaus smiles as if he is genuinely happy to see Kol."But you're not going to do that, are you? Because your little blonde friend told you to leave me alone," When Kaleb says this, Klaus only laughs, but he continues, "I'm curious, does she take one of those little baggies out when she takes you for a walk?"

"You are such a dick," I breath out.

When Kaleb looks at me in bewilderment, I continue, "You have been alive this entire time, spoken to me, but never actually told me you were back. Then when your return is announced--not even by yourself--you act like I will welcome you back with open arms! You are an asshole, Kol Mikaelson, and I have no idea why I love you so much."

All pleasantries are gone and Klaus shouts, "Cami? I changed my mind, I am going to kill him after all."

When Cami does not respond, Klaus turns to leave. I turn to follow Klaus, but Kaleb grabs me by the wrist. He pulls me into his chest and for a moment I freeze. He feels so warm and I don't want to leave his embrace.

Once Kaleb voice cracks in desperation, "I missed you, darling," I snap back into reality.

I pushed away from him and stared at him with cold eyes, "You do not get to do that right now. You do not get to saunter back into my life after dying and lying about your existence when what you were doing was cozying up to Davina, someone I actually found enjoyable when I felt so alone! I am not some weak and dependent mutt who works to please you when you want me to!"

"Exandria, you have no idea how much I wanted to tell you," He says and reaches out towards me.

"Kol, if roles were reversed, we both know I would have told you the second I knew it was safe."

He nods his head erratically, "Yes! I didn't know when it would be safe. I couldn't risk endangering you, so I kept a safe distance."

I rolled my eyes with a scoff, "'A safe distance?' You pretended to be someone else and played with me!"

"No, I couldn't resist not seeing you, not talking to you. I had to because I love you, Alexandria. And I cannot live without you," His voice breaks at the end and his eyes are now glossy.

My heart throbbed at his words, but I know I can't just run back into his arms. I turn away from him and speak softly, "I need time. You really hurt me."

I walked down the steps and heard Kol's faint whisper, "I will be waiting for you" Tears blurred my vision when I left.

Klaus, Cami, and the SUV were gone. I sighed as more tears streamed down my face. Klaus left me. I made my way back to the Mikaelson Compound very slowly, taking a stop at the bar.

This was heartbreaking to write, but I feel like Alexandria finally needed to explode at Kol... or Kaleb... I don't really know what to call him anymore.

It has been a while since I last updated, but here I am. Updates will not be very consistent, but I will update when I can. High school is serving to be difficult, and lacrosse is becoming more serious, so I have been pretty busy. Hope you guys are doing well!