Chapter 9

"She's gone," Elijah said in shock as he held his mother.

Elijah lets go of his mother and goes to attack Finn. He ends up flying over the table and hits the wall due to Finn's magic. Using his supernatural speed, Klaus goes to Finn and grabs him the lapels of his coat. I sprinted over to stand beside Klaus.

"Where is she?" Klaus shouts.

Finn blows air on his fingers before rubbing them together. Before we can react, Klaus and I fall to the floor in pain. It felt like my brain was being squeezed by an invisible force. I cried out in pain with Klaus while Finn adjusted his jacket. He began walking around and looked around. I felt something grab my hand, and when I looked up, I saw that is was Klaus. I squeezed it hard, hoping to release my pain. It felt like it was never going to end.

When the pain finally ended, I stood up and helped Klaus up. As soon as he stood, he whisked away to look for Finn. I went over to Elijah who lied on the floor unconscious. When he started to gain consciousness, I helped him stand.

"Where did they go?" Elijah asks quickly.

"Finn has fled!" Klaus shouts as he comes back to us.

I sighed and shook my head, "That son of a bitch."

Klaus goes over to the girl on the floor, known as Cassie, before screaming, "Where is our mother?"

Tears start streaming down her face, "Where am I? What's happening?"

In frustration, Klaus grabs Cassie by the throat. She struggles against him, fighting to breathe. Looking concerned, Elijah stepped towards him.

"Leave her. She's a puppet. Niklaus, look at her! She has absolutely no idea," Elijah says calmly.

Klaus lets go of Cassie, leaving her even more petrified.

"What are you talking about? Who are you?" She asks as she cries harder.

Feeling annoyed, I rushed over to her and cover her mouth with my hand.

"Shut up! Stop talking right now!" Klaus shouts at her.

"You don't want to ask any questions right now," I said in a low tone.

When I knew she wouldn't speak, I took my hand away. I turn back to face the brothers. Elijah was patting Klaus on the shoulder. Klaus leaves his brother's touch and begins to pace.

"Our mother orchestrated this entire evening just to torture us, and then simply vanishes," Klaus turns back to Cassie. "Why?"

Elijah's eyes widen in horror. "What if we are not the only minds she was hoping to poison tonight?"

My eyes met his, "Call Hayley right now."

Elijah quickly dials her number and we wait anxiously for her to pick up.

My ears prick up at the sound of Hayley's voice, "Elijah? I'm at Lenore's shop..."

The phone cuts off and we all look at each other.

"I'll handle Cassie. You two go ahead. I'll catch up," I say quickly.

They nod before disappearing. I turn to Cassie and sigh at the sight of the trembling girl.

"I'm sorry that you got dragged into the Mikaelson family drama. Trust me, I know, it is annoying and horrible. I've put up with this for too long," I said with a little laugh. "Just kidding. Don't tell them that I said that."

"Who are you?" She asks as she trembles.

I smile at her, "I am Alexandria and you are a problem. What am I going to do with you?"