Chapter 14

"Guys, what can I say? Fantastic job this weekend! Thank you so much. Strategy was on point, pit stops... just all weekend. I really, really appreciate all the hard work, and to everyone back at the factory," Lexi hears Lewis say over the radio. She can't help but smile. After a long and nail-biting race, Lewis has won the Spanish Grand Prix. Lexi quickly makes her way out of the pits with Lewis' stuff. She waits until Lewis gets out of the car and after going to the rest of the team, Lewis makes his way over to her. He still has his helmet on, but through his open visor, Lexi can see he's smiling. 

"Hey there," Lexi says as Lewis takes off his helmet. 

"Hey," Lewis replies as he takes his stuff from Lexi.

"Congrats, I'm so happy for you."

"Thank you," Lewis says before he gets called to go to the pre-podium room. He sends Lexi another smile before disappearing up the stairs. Lexi makes her way to the area in front of the podium so she can watch the podium ceremony. First Daniel is called to the podium, then Sebastian and finally Lewis comes out. Lexi can't help but smile when she sees him walk out. They get their trophies before it's time for the champagne. Lewis had spotted Lexi when he walked out on the podium and he's determined to give her a champagne shower. 

When Lexi sees the smirk on Lewis' face directed at her, she knows she's in trouble. But she's surrounded by people, so she can't do anything but accept her fate. She covers her eyes as she feels the champagne drench her. When she looks up, she sees Lewis looking at her with a big smile on his face and she can't help but smile back. 

"Hey girl, took a shower?" Lexi hears Pascalle ask behind her as she makes her way back to the garage after the podium ceremony.

"Something like that," Lexi chuckles as Pascalle catches up with her.

"I take it you and Lewis are doing much better?"

"Yeah, we are," Lexi replies as she can't help but smile, again.

"Much much better or not?" Pascalle asks as Lexi starts blushing. 

"Maybe," Lexi says before she lets out a squeal. She turns around and smiles when she sees Lewis standing in front of her.

"Hey," Lewis says as he smiles at her.

"Hey, what's up? Ready for some interviews?" Lexi says as she remembers they have some media to get to.

"I'd rather go to the afterparty right away, but it's part of the job, right?"

"It's my job actually," Lexi says, making Lewis chuckle.

"But speaking of the afterparty, you are coming, right?"

"I don't know Lew," Lexi says, making Lewis' smile drop a bit. 

"Ah come on! I want to celebrate and I want you there."

"I'm kind of tired, I think I'm just gonna stay in."

"Is there any way I can change your mind?"

"Not tonight, maybe some other time."

"Who says I'm gonna win some other time?"

"Seriously?" Lexi asks as she chuckles, making Lewis laugh as well. 

 "Alright, fair enough. But next time you're coming, okay?"

"Okay, as long as you're coming with me to the press right now."

"Only because it's okay asking," Lewis says, making Lexi blush slightly, but luckily for her, Lewis didn't notice.

"If you want to, we can have a girl's night tonight," Pascalle says, making Lexi look at her. She almost forgot she was still there.

"Yeah, sure, that sounds like fun!" Lexi replies, making Pascalle smile.