Chapter 18

Despite the fact that Lewis couldn't be in a better mood to start a Grand Prix weekend, the Monaco definitely wasn't one of his best ones. Finishing 7th wasn't what he expected at all, especially not behind a Toro Rosso and both Red Bulls. To make things even worse, Sebastian wins the race, which doesn't help for the championship.

"Where's Lewis?" Lexi asks her dad when he comes back from the interviews with the media.

"He left," Vince tells her, which surprises Lexi.

"He left without me?"

"I'm sorry sweetheart, but he did. He's pretty down about the race."

"Still, that doesn't mean he can just leave without me."

"I tried to tell him that, but he just wanted to go home."

"Alright, I guess I'll go there then," Lexi sighs as she gathers her stuff. Her dad stops her and makes her look at him.

"I just want to say, be careful with him."

"What?" Lexi asks confused.

"I know you really like him and he seems to really like you too, but his reputation doesn't exist without reason."

"What are you trying to say dad?"

"Nothing, I just don't want you to get hurt."

"I'm always careful, but I know Lewis won't hurt me. I trust him."

"And I trust you," Vince says, making Lexi smile.

"Thank you dad," she says as she gives him a quick hug.

"See you around," he calls after Lexi as she makes her way out of the garage.  Luckily it's not that far to Lewis' apartment and it doesn't take Lexi too long to get there. She knocks on his door and waits until he opens up.

"Lexi?" Lewis says, sounding surprised.

"Yeah, your girlfriend who was with you at the track," Lexi says as she goes inside, walking past Lewis.

"I'm sorry," Lewis says as he follows Lexi to the living room.

"Why did you just leave without me?"

"It's just a habit, whenever a race goes badly, I leave right after the race."

"Well now I'm your girlfriend now so it needs to become a habit to think about me!" Lexi exclaims and Lewis looks down, knowing she's right.

"I'm sorry," he says again as he takes a step towards Lexi.

"This will only work if we both put in effort."

"I know that, but please be patient with me," Lewis pleads, taking Lexi's hand in his own.

"I will, just, I want to be there for you."

"And I want you to, I really do," Lewis says, making Lexi smile.

"That's all I ask."

"Would you come sit with me though? I could really use some good company right now."

"Of course, why do you think I came over?"

"To yell at me?" Lewis guesses jokingly, making Lexi giggle.

"Not only to yell at you," she says as they sit down. As soon as they're sitting, Lexi presses her lips against Lewis'. His hands automatically move to her hips and he pulls her onto his lap.

"I don't mind the yelling if this happens after," Lewis says with a smirk on his face, making Lexi giggle again before she kisses him again. The kisses deepens pretty quickly and soon enough, Lewis stands up, carrying Lexi towards his bedroom.

"Wait," Lexi whispers, breaking their kiss.

"What is it?" Lewis asks as he keeps walking towards his bedroom.

"This isn't just about sleeping together, right?"

"What? No, of course not! Why do you think that?"

"I don't know, I just don't want to be the couple that always just sleeps together whenever they're together," Lexi explains as Lewis puts her down on the bed.

"We're not that couple, don't worry," he says as he sits down next to her.

"Good," Lexi says, smiling at him. Lewis scoots backwards a little so he's sitting against his headrest and Lexi sits down next to him. She leans her head on his chest as Lewis wraps his arm around her.

"We can be the couple that cuddles whenever we're together," Lewis says, making Lexi chuckle.

"I don't mind that."

"Me neither."

"Can I tell you something?" Lexi asks after a little while.

"Of course, anything."

"Do you remember when we talked, in my apartment?"

"Yeah, I do. What about it?"

"I told you that if people hadn't be patient with me, I probably wouldn't be here."

"Yeah, I remember that."

"Back then, I wasn't ready to tell you, but now I feel like I am."

"Take all the time you need," Lewis says as he takes Lexi's hand.

"When I was in high school, my mom suddenly passed away," Lexi starts.

"I'm so sorry."

"Please, just let me finish the story, it's still really hard to talk about"

"Of course, sorry."

"So, my mom's death was really unexpected and I didn't know how to deal with it. So I basically didn't deal with it. I just lived my life, but without noticing I ended up in downwards spiral. I was really lucky that people were so patient with me, because otherwise I wouldn't be here."

"Were you depressed?" Lewis asks, just like he did last time they talked about this.

"No, not really depressed. I just, I was just not taking care of myself properly and I hung out with the wrong crowd."

"Thank you for telling me this, I really appreciate it."

"I want you to know, I feel like you should know, especially since you've shared stuff with me already."

"Don't ever feel like you are obliged to tell me something because I told you something or because you think you have to. I'm always here to listen, just tell me whenever you're ready," Lewis says, making Lexi smile.

"Thank you so much for understanding."

"Of course," Lewis says before pressing a kiss to the top of Lexi's head.

"I'm really happy we decided to be nice to each other," Lexi says, making Lewis chuckle.

"Yeah, me too. And I'm also really glad that you came after me to yell at me."

"Me too," Lexi says as she cuddles up closer to Lewis. Even though it's not that late yet, Lexi feels her eyes become heavy and slowly close. Just before she falls asleep, she hears Lewis whisper something, probably more to himself than to her.

"I think I might be in love with you."

Bit of a shorter one compared to last time, hope you don't mind :) Let me know what you think in the comments! Also, this story is probably coming to an end soon (SORRY!), but I don't want to drag it out too long. But if you have an awesome idea to keep it interesting, definitely let me know!