(16) An enemy?

Yo minna! Am I am back! Thanks for the votes and comments!
______________________________

(3 years later)
Reina P.o.V ( 13 years old)

I was out in the market buying some things for the maids of the Elhart Mansion....
I made a few friends over there...
Eliza, Hugh, Carmillia......

Eliza was a cook...Hugh was a guard and his younger sister, Carmillia was a maid. At first they were unapproachable but now they are the kindest people I know.
Eliza and Hugh were elder than me, about 17-18, meanwhile Carmillia was my age,13.

Over the past two years, our bond as become like that of siblings. It would be really awesome if they met the people from knight school. I think they would get along really well.

As usual the elharts were as rotten as ever, but I could only survive because I had Eliza, Hugh and Carmillia.

I walked on the street glancing everywhere in search of the items on my list. This wasn't my old town where you would find anything you want almost instantly, this was a the capital of the kingdom Ritania, Atlisa. A very weird name for a town.

It is actually quite cool. Right in the centre of the city, the Kings humongous castle is located. Surrounding the city were a desert, a river , the forest and a mountain range. All of this served protection against enemy invaders, but it also made trade harder. Although no one is really bothered by the Geography of the kingdom. Hard to believe that the Zen I knew lived in such a humongous castle. The castle could be seen from any side of the city.

I held on to my basket tightly as I thought of the Royals, there was something mysteriously threatening about them. Even though I had only seen the Third prince, who is Zen's elder half brother for some reason. I really couldn't let my guard down.

I glanced at the castle from where I was. The sun wasn't scorching the land today, so I could see perfectly fine.

I walked through the streets searching for what to find.

I eyes my list once again-

Sugar
Salt
Meat, ( preferably goose or duck)
Lettuce
Onions
Tomatoes

What a weird list.....
Eliza jolted all of this down and sent me here just because all the other maids were busy.

I had already bought the meat and the vegetables. All that was left was the sugar and salt.

I walked towards the Few stands here. A few minutes ago it wasn't that much crowded, but now it was filled with people.

I analysed the area and found the shop I was searching for. And I found it, a man with Salt and sugar.

I walked towards the shop and eyed what else it had.

Nothing useful. The man saw me approaching and gave me a dazzling smile, he didn't look that old. He was wearing a hat and was dressed up weirdly.

"Now, what does a young lady like you want?" He asked giving me a dazzling smile with a very cheerful tone.

"Salt and sugar. About a kilogram each." I answered bluntly.

"Coming right up." He told as he removed two huge sacks and started filling them with salt and sugar. I glanced around in search for anything interesting to buy with the change.