Chapter 1

"Alex!! Wake up!!" I groaned as I heared Kara yelling at me from the kitchen. Rolling over, I checked the time.

9:15 am

Sighing, I layed back down as Kara burst into my room.
"Come on Alex! You promised me you'd help me pick flowers for the venue" she walked over and pulled the blankets off me, grabbing my pillow I wacked her with it.

"Ok that hurt" we both laughed as I sat up. "But seriously, get dressed, we gotta go" nodding, I got up and walked into the bathroom, and turned the water on.

After a quick shower, I grabbed a dark blue blouse and dark jeans with a leather jacket, walking out of the room I saw Kara sitting down and fidgeting with her engagement ring.

"Nervous?" I asked as I sat down next to her, nodding she took a deep breath, "It's alright though, Ill be fine, you know me I just want everything to be perfect" laughing, I nudged her. "Yeah miss perfectionist. Anyways. Lets get going, we have some flowers to buy" grabbing her coat, Kara followed me outside as we got in my car.

-----------------
"These look beautiful!" Kara squeeled as she yanked me by the arm to show me a bouquet of red roses. Realizing why she picked them, I smiled. "Lena used to buy those for you all the time right?" nodding, she picked them up. "Yeah it would be really nice to have them at the wedding" aww. Kara is such a cutie.
Paying for the flowers and setting up when they should be delivered, we walked out.

Just as we were about to get in the car Kara's phone rang.

"Hey Lena" her face lit up as she answered her fiancé.
I smiled at her as she gave a confused expression.
"Hold on" she told Lena as she walked away from me, far enough that I couldn't hear what they were saying.

I leaned againts the car as I watched her pace back and fourth with a nervous expression on her face. Confused, I could barely make out what she was saying.
"Okay, Lena, its alright don't worry about it. I'll tell her. Right now just focus on our wedding plans alright? Okay, I love you, see you soon" Kara walked up to me with her hand on her forehead, sighing she took a deep breath and looked at me.

"Everything okay?" I asked, concerned.

"Yeah um. Everythings fine, lets just go home" I nod as I walked towards the drivers seat, watching Kara get in, she nervously put her seat belt on and looked out the window.

"Seriously Kara, whats wrong?" She turned her head towards me but refused to look me in the eyes. "Lets talk about it once we make it back home okay? I don't need you stressing about things right now" sighing in defeat, I turned on the car and drove out of the parking spot.

Whats making kara this anxious?

***************

Flashback

"Hey Alex, have you seen the new girl? She's hot" Winn told me as he nudged me in the direction where the new girl was walking in. She looked so nervous, I feel bad for her. Knowing how hard it is to be the new girl.

"Yeah I guess" I roll my eyes. Typical Winn.

"You guess? Pshh Alex for real though you can stop pretending to be straight around me" laughing, I nudged him slightly as I watched the girl walk into the principles office.

I followed Winn to our lockers so we could grab our books for first period. Math. I don't hate math, im just not very good at it. Weird to hear from the student body president aye?

As I was about to turn to go to class I hear someone calling my name. Looking around I see the principle walking towards me.

"Good Morning Alex. I need you in my office for a moment please" Nodding, I followed Mr. Lane to his office. Walking in I see the new girl sitting down, looking anxious.

"Alex, i'd like you to meet Maggie Sawyer. She just moved here with her family"

Smiling, I shake hands with her. She smiles back at me and I realise she has the cutest dimples I've ever seen. Blushing slightly, I look away.

"Maggie, this is our student president Alex Danvers. She'll be showing you around today and getting your schedule ready." nodding towards me, she smiles again.

"Alex, here's her schedule and student guide, you may go around with her. And if anyone asks what you're doing out of class, give them this" he says as he hands me the schedule and an excuse paper. Nodding, I look towards Maggie and motion for her to follow me.

"So, what year are you in?" I ask, trying to make small talk.

"Senior, im assuming you are too?" Nodding, we continue to walk through the hallways.

"So, your first class is with Miss Grant, Cool, that means you have maths with me" smiling at her, I noticed a tint of excitement sparkle in her eyes before it goes away.

"Awesome. It'll be good to have a familiar face in class with me" smirking, I continue to show her around.

"..... And thats where Gym class will be held. Pretty small school, not much here. Yet again its only a high school" I laugh slightly as Maggie gives me a re assuring smile. Hearing the bell ring, I noticed that we wasted all of 1st period. Thats too bad I actually like classes with Miss Grant.

"Well we should probebly be heading to class now" Maggie says as she looks at her schedule, "and it happens to be that I have P.E right now" sighing, I nod my head. "I'll see you later then" I say as she gives me one last smile.

******************
"Okay Kara, for real now what's going on? I've never seen you this anxious before" I say as I watch Kara pace around the room. "Well actually, last time you were this anxious was right before you and Lena got together. What's up?" I give Kara a serious look as she takes a deep breath and sits next to me.

"I need you to stay calm" raising my eyebrow she rolls her eyes "never mind me you know im easily nervous. I just need you to promise you won't freak out" Sighing annoyingly I look back at her.

"I promise" taking that as an indication to speak, she starts explaining
"So um, as you know Lena was inviting to our wedding old friends from you know college, work, school..." she says slowly as if waiting for me to get it, giving her a confused look she goes on. "Well um, she happened to uh, invite a specific person.." she looks at me hesitantly.

No. Fucking. Way.

"Wait.... Did she..?"
Kara gulped down hard as she went on
"..she invited Maggie yes-" instantly I stood up and started pacing around nervously, my hand on my forehead Kara continues
"She didn't think she'd actually show up since you know she's been MIA but-"

"- but she's back in town" I cut her off. Great. Just what I needed on my sisters wedding week.

"I know you guys aren't really on best terms but can you please promise you'll try to get along? For me?" she says as she gives me her trademark puppy eyes.
Damn it.

"Okay, fine. I promise"
Getting excited, she runs up to me and gives me a huge hug.

"I promise everything will be okay" sighing, I hug her tighter.

This is going to be one hell of a week.

Feedback is greatly appreciated!:)

~Shay